Thread: What a revoltin development this is

What a revoltin development this is

...poor mike pompeo---one of the last *** wipes in trump's dwindling cabinet tried to get out of town for the rest of the waning days in office by taking a trip to Europe---one last chance to bask in the glow of power---but alas, he had to cancel at the last minute---seems no European leader would agree to see him

Imagine----flying off to Europe and having to dine alone---even Chester A. Riley would think that embarrassing
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

He hitched his wagon to the wrong star.

Propinquity to power is a cruel mistress.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    He hitched his wagon to the wrong star.

Propinquity to power is a cruel mistress.
    Now Kevin once again you show me a "better way"

pro·pin·qui·ty
    /prəˈpiNGkwədē/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    FORMAL
    the state of being close to someone or something; proximity.
    "he kept his distance as though afraid propinquity might lead him into temptation"
    Similar:
    proximity
    closeness
    nearness
    adjacency
    contiguity
    contiguousness
    vicinity
    vicinage
    TECHNICAL
    close kinship.
    Left to my own crude mastery of the English language, I would have likely said something similar to-----"sucking up to power"---propinquity--gosh I can't wait to give that one a try
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis