Thread: True Believers

True Believers

Ya gotta admire sticking to your beliefs no matter what.

Reports are coming in that many Republicans refused to mask up while packed together to escape a mob hunting them through the Capitol. This, despite being implored to do so by several members.

Now, a number of lawmakers are popping up with positive COVID tests and Dr. Ouchey (Trump called him that in the first press conference back in March and I thought it really funny) is labeling the shelter-in-place as a superspreader event.

Way to go, Republican Congress critters. Even under fire, defiance of health guidelines remains paramount, even if it endangers others. Not even simple courtesy or concerns for others could crack that line.

People are idiots.... we are doomed.

The House has now imposed fines for violations of the mask rule, beginning at $250 and taken out of their pay

There are also pictures of the partisan complainers without their masks. This is horse poop.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by CactusCurt View Post
    There are also pictures of the partisan complainers without their masks. This is horse poop.
    I'm not sure what you are saying regarding partisans. That aside, I don't believe there is anything partisan in the ruling---without a mask they (of any partisan label) will be fined.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

The complaining about the republicans not wearing masks is political grandstanding. I’m fine with their rules, but it’s just one more opportunity for them to bang their spoons on their high-chairs since almost all of them can afford it.

don"

Who is this "they"? I see individuals complaining about other individuals, who did not agree to a simple request. If someone asks me to please put on a mask for their safety, I'm happy to comply as a matter of courtesy. These individuals did not, as a matter of defiance. I haven't heard of a single Democrat being asked to wear a mask who refused to comply when sheltering from the mob. If you have such a report, please draw attention to it.

They is politicians. They just granted themselves another opportunity for a newsworthy event. Yeah.

Since nuance doesn’t seem to be your thing today, my larger point was the pettiness of throwing an illegal procedure flag in the middle of a riot.

don"

I'm the guy asking for finer distinctions from you with respect to the arguments you are making and "I'm" not doing nuance?

The people requesting that members mask up were not throwing an illegal procedure flag. The requirement for masks is on the floor of the House. They were hiding from the mob occupying that floor and looking to hang them, so no real rules of order existed. They requested that in a moment of danger, their fellow members do something pretty minimal to keep them safe.

They were refused.

How's that for nuance?

So you know which republican gave covid to the democrat victims? I can’t keep up. And most of this stuff goes right over my head anyway.

It’s nice to sit here blissfully minding my own business.

don"

Nope, I dunno who gave what to whom. I don't really care. It is the FU attitude I am noting. Even in a moment when their lives were at stake, these Republicans just could not resist telling their colleagues to "bite me".