Thread: Now here is a real true professional politician:

Now here is a real true professional politician:

Mark my words folks, you can write this down:

December 2015: A Trump nomination “would be an utter, complete and total disaster. If you’re a xenophobic, race-baiting, religious bigot, you’re going to have a hard time being president of the United States, and you’re going to do irreparable damage to the party.”
    December 2015: “You know how you make America great again? Tell Donald Trump to go to hell. He’s a race-baiting, xenophobic, religious bigot. He doesn’t represent my party. He doesn’t represents the values that the men and women who wear the uniform are fighting for. … He’s the ISIL man of the year.”
    December 2015: “I believe Donald Trump is destroying the Republican chances to win an election that we can’t afford to lose. I believe we’re losing the Hispanic vote because they think we don’t like them…I believe Donald Trump is destroying the Republican Party.”
    January 2016, on choosing between Trump or Cruz: “It’s like being shot or poisoned. What does it really matter?”
    March 2016: “The bottom line is that I believe Donald Trump would be an absolute, utter disaster for the Republican Party, destroy conservatism as we know it. We’d get wiped out, and it would take generations to overcome a Trump candidacy. Here is why we’re losing the Hispanic vote. Nobody is going to listen to you about your economic plan or your ability to defend the nation if you’re going to deport their grandmother. This is why we’re getting killed with Hispanics. And Mr. Trump has taken every problem we have had with Hispanics and poured gasoline on it.
    March 2016: “If Trump is the standard bearer, it’s not about 2016, it’s about losing the heart and soul of the conservative movement. I’m not going to stand behind a guy that gets David Duke’s support. What is it about Trump’s campaign that David Duke likes? I don’t think he is a reliable conservative Republican. So it’s no longer about winning the election for me, it’s trying to salvage a party that I love and conservatism as I know it.”
    April 2016, on running as Trump’s VP: “That’s like buying a ticket on the Titanic.”
    Now there my friends are some prophetic words----the grand sage that said them should read this thread

That would be no other then flip flop lindsey---who professed to be done with trump last Wed after having to run for his own safety---and now is sucking up on Air Force One---how soon he forgets.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Crescent City CA. where the redwoods meet the sea.
    Hell Id take my last ride, in facked soon to be the burn barrel.
    Old redneck hillbilly borned and raised on a redwood stump.

Yes, the hypocrisy is funny. But I’m still waiting for the day you applaud one of your fellow republicans.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by CactusCurt View Post
    Yes, the hypocrisy is funny. But I’m still waiting for the day you applaud one of your fellow republicans.
    Well---since I am officially no longer a Republican I guess that isn't going to happen---but I will post this in any event---just to confuse you:

The pressure of those two things made Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) and House Republican Conference Chair Liz Cheney (R-WY), the third most powerful House Republican, today come out in favor of impeachment. McConnell acknowledged that Trump had committed impeachable offenses and told other Republican leaders he welcomed the House's actions. In the House, Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy opposes impeachment personally, but has decided not to try to lobby fellow Republicans against it, turning them loose to vote as they wish. For her part, Cheney announced she will vote to impeach the president.
    Cheney’s statement suggests that part of what is driving the Republican willingness to entertain impeachment is that there will be more coming out about January 6 and Republicans want to dump Trump rather than be associated with him. She wrote: “Much more will become clear in coming days and weeks, but what we know now is enough. The President of the United States summoned this mob, assembled the mob, and lit the flame of this attack. Everything that followed was his doing. None of this would have happened without the President. The President could have immediately and forcefully intervened to stop the violence. He did not. There has never been a greater betrayal by a President of the United States of his office and his oath to the Constitution.”
    It is undoubtedly also of great significance to McConnell that the actions of Trump and his supporters in Congress have led major donors to close their wallets. The less money McConnell has to dole out, the less power he has, and the weaker the Republicans’ chances of retaking the Senate in 2022. McConnell wants that spigot of money to reopen.
    He would also like to use this moment to get rid of Trump and his supporters from Republican leadership. Trump has led the party to a major defeat and made it so reviled that it has lost the White House and the Senate, defeats for which McConnell blames the president. Indeed, the Trump administration is so reviled that today European officials took the unprecedented step of refusing to meet with Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on a scheduled trip to Europe this week. He was forced to cancel his trip at the last minute. McConnell may have been announcing his support for impeachment to put pressure on Trump to resign, which would enable Republicans to avoid voting on the issue and head off an irreparable split.
    For their part, the Trump Republicans are doubling down. Law enforcement has installed metal detectors for congress members to enter the House chamber, and Louis Gohmert (R-TX), for one, simply walked around it. “You can’t stop me; I’m on my way to a vote,” he told the police officers.
    Mike will be happy to see that his esteemed congress crawler made the news again.

The above was extracted from today's "Letters from an American" by Heather Cox Richardson.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Along that line, the DOJ press conference yesterday promised that in the coming days, the scope of what happened will become known and it be far shocking than even what has been revealed.

It is very likely that far from just lighting the match, Trump was more deeply involved.

I also have wondered about a fifth column in our armed forces and law enforcement. I think we are going to hear more about that.

Any crimes should be punished. Because it is political, partisanship will be blamed. It’s just so hard to understand why the other side doesn’t get it.

don"

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Well---since I am officially no longer a Republican I guess that isn't going to happen---but I will post this in any event---just to confuse you:

Mike will be happy to see that his esteemed congress crawler made the news again.

The above was extracted from today's "Letters from an American" by Heather Cox Richardson.
    Why would I be confused? I might even agree with what you posted.

This party affiliation stuff is just joking because I have no doubt you will vote for the best candidate just like me, but I can’t remember for sure if you supported Romney or McCain? I can’t think of another national republican candidate you supported over the past 20 years, possibly only those two.

don"

Why would I be confused? I might even agree with what you posted.

This party affiliation stuff is just joking because I have no doubt you will vote for the best candidate just like me, but I can’t remember for sure if you supported Romney or McCain? I can’t think of another national republican candidate you supported over the past 20 years, possibly only those two.
    GWB's second run was the first time in my life I did not vote Republican----and there has been a run of write-ins since. My one venture into the Democratic camp was Obama's first run---so there is my confession

I will say that I would have voted for McCain if not for the bimbo

I voted for Perot. But I was a young engineer and I liked the charts. That’s shame.

don"

Any crimes should be punished. Because it is political, partisanship will be blamed. It’s just so hard to understand why the other side doesn’t get it.
    One of the things lost to the hyper partisan times we live in is the idea that anyone in government can do their job in accordance to their oath to the Constitution and not in accordance to their political beliefs.

I took my oath very seriously. This is what I had to swear:

I, ___, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.
    Swearing to God is something I took very seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    .......Mike will be happy to see that his esteemed congress crawler made the news again.....
    I don't know what teeth they have to enforce the rule, but if it was possible to have prevented his entry I wish they would have stopped him. I hope someone runs against him in his next primary. Fool!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke