Surely some revelation is at hand;
    Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
    The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
    When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
    Troubles my sight: somewhere in sands of the desert
    A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
    A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
    Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
    Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.
    The darkness drops again; but now I know
    That twenty centuries of stony sleep
    Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
    And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
    Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

What rough beast showed its face last week, where the best lack all conviction while the worst are full of passionate intensity?

And are we viewing the birth of a terror movement in our own country?

Bad times are coming...

Evidence grows:

Two Capitol Police officers have been suspended in an investigation into whether the Police assisted the rioters. Another dozen are under investigation but not suspended.

Armed protests in all 50 states are being planned for the Inaugural.

Seven police departments are investigating whether members who were at the preceding rally breached the Capitol with the mob.

We may be seeing the birth of a domestic terror movement with sympathizers in the ranks of the police.

And despite zero evidence, some Republican Congress critters are spreading the lie that it was Antifa, not Trump supporters, that comprised the mob on Wednesday. Kevin McCarthy had to tell his caucus to stop spreading this lie after Matt Gaetz and Mo Brooks used the claim to fundraise.

...and the fallout continues:

Republican Sen. Ted Cruz’s communications director has resigned her role in the wake of a violent riot by pro-Trump agitators last week. “I’m grateful to Senator Cruz for the opportunity and wish him and his first-rate staff nothing but the best,” Lauren Blair Bianchi said in a statement to Punchbowl News on Monday. Bianchi had served as communications director for the Texas senator since 2019. Cruz has been widely criticized for being one of the most ardent supporters of President Trump’s delusional effort to overturn the 2020 presidential election. Days before the riot, he told a rally crowd in Georgia: “We won’t go quietly into the night. We will defend liberty.” Senate Democrats and some Texas lawmakers have called for his resignation but Cruz continues to insist he had no role in inciting the insurrection.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Armed protests in all 50 states are being planned for the Inaugural.
    Our SLPD officers plan to be ready. They had an instance last Summer that caught them off guard - which is good, 'cause this time they'll be ready. FWIW - my wife and I will be mixing with the onlookers.

Hunter

I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Well, from what I recall about her, you should let her take the lead if things go pear-shaped. No offense.