Thread: By the balls....

By the balls....

Well, the PGA pulled it’s event from trump’s property. AND there are many editorials calling for him to be shunned by the golf community/industry. Something about honor and sportsmanship, something everyone should understand.

This one hits him right in his favorite balls. Unfortunately, it is still possible to enjoy a round of golf by yourself. But I think maybe only if you aren’t a narcissist.

Actions have consequences.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

So---now I will add a comment to your balls

I am encouraged by things I am seeing in this same response to trump's action---I just wish we didn't need to get to this point of disgrace to begin.

I applaud the actions taken by those "big tech" guys who seem so easy to hate---in snipping of trump's access to the masses on twitter and facebook.

I also applaud the actions of other "big tech" players in shutting down Parler---and I hope that this whack-a-mole continues.

In another vain, I am encouraged by the reaction of some in private business, this from this morning's WSJ:

Bradley Rukstales and Michael Curzio were among six people arrested as part of a large crowd observed inside the Capitol kicking chairs and throwing an unknown substance at police officers, according to a warrant.

Mr. Rukstales, chief executive of a small Chicago-area marketing technology firm, later issued a statement on Twitter that he “followed hundreds of others through an open set of doors to the Capitol building to see what was taking place inside.”

“It was the single worst personal decision of my life,” the statement said. “I have no excuse for my actions and I wish I could take them back.” He couldn’t be reached for comment.

Mr. Rukstales’s company, Cogensia, suspended him after his arrest Wednesday and then fired him Friday, as the company became the target of ire, and some called on social media for a boycott of the business. The company said it “condemns what occurred at the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday, and we intend to continue to embrace the values of integrity, diversity and transparency in our business operations, and expect all employees to embrace those values as well.”
    Add to that---a headline I saw this morning but have not yet read---the NY Bar Assoc is considering pulling rudy's license---at least that is a start---the old ***** should be locked up

I applaud all these actions and hope for many more.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Capitalism is the only thing holding this country together.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

It doesn't seem to be based on any shared vision of the future, that's for certain. More and more, we don't even agree on what is real and what is not.

Just a question and no ill will intended.

Dave, what would your reaction be if the WSJ were to be shut down ? .
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

If they were in the business of knowingly perpetuating lies, trying to subvert the will of the people and encouraging lawlessness and insurrection----shut them down and lock the doors.

But---that also misses the point of what is being discussed here.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    If they were in the business of knowingly perpetuating lies, trying to subvert the will of the people and encouraging lawlessness and insurrection
    Correct that's the job of the New York Times.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

OK, I read The Times, but I also like a good snark!