Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Statehood

Just to throw this in the pot. We started this nation because we weren't heard by King George. Now you are saying the same thing about citizen in places that they can't have a say in their future.

Mighty dim minds at work.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    .....Mighty dim minds at work.
    That's just damned insulting!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    What we have here is failure to communicate.. there are multiple results of DC Statehood (DC is what I’m familiar with, local news here)

Both a probable increase in Democrat votes and representation of the citizens are byproducts of statehood..

Fred, Maybe I’d edit my post so that it was not so “misunderstood “..

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    Just to throw this in the pot. We started this nation because we weren't heard by King George. Now you are saying the same thing about citizen in places that they can't have a say in their future.

Mighty dim minds at work.
    Fred, I wouldn't mind knowing exactly to whom that remark was directed...Or was this just another of your unsubstantiated hit-and-run attacks......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I think Fred just forgot a word. I did it myself earlier.

He meant to say "dim sum". Mighty dim sum. I can go for that - some sweet and savory dumplings, in a light sauce, over noodles, warm sake. Now that's some mighty dim sum! Yum!

My neighbor is a Chinese chef.. and instructor of Chinese cooking at adult education and a fancy cooking academy in “tony” Bethesda Maryland..

Going to Dim-sum with her is just great.. she “orders” in Chinese and uses the “special “ menus that gringos can’t read..

I am so ready for this pandemic to be over,!!

Her favorite Dim-sum is in “Little Saigon “.. go figure

We've learned to make some dang fine Pho at home since most of the Vietnamese places around here are take out only. I hate asian take out. It turns greasy when it cools and gets reheated....

Our favorite Pho is in Vegas but their is no reason to go with all the shows dark..

Our corner Chinese carry out has most excellent hot and sour soup.. but you must eat it all on first try.. leftovers turn into jello.. even reheated it is hot jello..

We have a Korean super market a few blocks away.. huge, in a former gringo grocery building.. hey have an entire aisle of soy sauce.. anyway.. they have a Korean food court, bulgagi (Korean BBQ) is great and they make “Japanese kimchi “, not as hot and slices of huge radish, at a fresh kimchi bar.. and fresh rice cakes made on an ancient machine that looks Like a letter press.. Korean popcorn.. Korean food at food court is less greasy than Chinese carry out..

I am so ready for this pandemic to be over..