Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick Check In

Quick Check In

Turned over on ladder. Black eye, 3 stitches in eye lid. Got lucky on that! Shattered both wrists. Surgery on each. Now have plates and screws in both hands, neither of which work too well. Hard to type so you probably won't hear from me much for a while unless I get really pissed off at a politician. Doesn't matter which side.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Both hands?...I'd stay away from the chili and chocolate bars for awhile, or you'll wish you had some really good friends......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Damn Mike that's got to be painful. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

......unless I get really pissed off at a politician. Doesn't matter which side.
    Now that's funny.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Damn.... We need to call you Da Gimp.

Heal fast!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Damn.... We need to call you Da Gimp.

Heal fast!!!
    I didn't even have to waste money on a perfectly good airplane to jump out of. I should probably check out the elevations before my next base jump rhough.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

It is when both hands are in casts that you find out who your friends are, especially in the morning...

I hope everything heals up. Rehab for hands is not really bad - I had a nice looking PT massaging my hands for 8 minutes each when I needed some hand surgery. Much more pleasant than other PT I've had.

My wife does not let me get on a ladder alone. Yes, she's smarter than me.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Yes, she's smarter than me.

Hunter
    You're not a complete dummy yourself, you proved that by marrying her......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

ow that sucks. look on the bright side, at least its not two broken legs and you can still walk to the fridge and get your own beer
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    ow that sucks. look on the bright side, at least its not two broken legs and you can still walk to the fridge and get your own beer
    Can't open it though.

Dang man I guess I can look at the positive side of things and thank God you didn't break your neck or your spine. I'm sure you'll be fine once you get over the pain and having to be somewhat immobile.
    I'm sure that's going to drive you bats. Take care of yourself and look foward to getting that new tractor at some point.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Can't open it though.
    Them in addition to that really good friend to help you at that critical time in the morning, you'll need a really, really REALLY good friend to open it and then not drink it for you......Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Can't open it though.
    Jb weld a bottle opener to the cast
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    Jb weld a bottle opener to the cast
    He still needs someone to hold the bottle......Ben

I just saw this

That sucks! I hope you heal fast
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis