Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Demonstrations have begun.. locals told to stay away..

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..

Demonstrations have begun.. locals told to stay away..

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...-vote/2529480/

https://fox5dc.com/news/large-crowds...-trump-rallies

https://wjla.com/news/local/everythi...ks-dc-protests

https://www.wusa9.com/mobile/article...8-d99b9617558b

It has begun.. above are links to the four DC network TV stations.. DC is a news town, best up to date status may be local stations.. as of 6:00 PM only two arrests, both for firearms..

Trouble usually occurs after the formal demonstration..

Vandalized churches have police guards tonight..

Locals advised to stay away..

Just peaceful protests. Nothing to worry about
    Last edited by Honda; 01-05-2021 at 10:14 PM.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

My first reaction was to thank you for the chuckle.. but after watching the morning news.. was pretty quiet in The District last night.. only six arrests, again mostly firearms violations..

On 11:00 PM news last night they showed much screaming and shouting and massive numbers of police, Metropolitan, Transit, US Park, Capital.. all out.. keeping same groups together and different groups apparent..

This is simply sad---I am embarrassed that we have come to this.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Protestors attempting to break down House chamber doors as lawmakers are being evacuated. This is not acceptable. I consider it an attempt at a revolution and those trying to break down the doors should be met with deadly force.

Thank Trump for this, he called for it. He should be jailed pending trial.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Why was DC law enforcement not prepared for this. They have known for many days that Trump called for it.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I would never have thought I would witness anything like this in this country. We are watching anarchy brought on by the POTUS---this is so far beyond the bounds that we should all be appalled.

...and trump fiddles in the White House----any drop of blood will be on his hands-----
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

This is a coup attempt by Trump and his supporters
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Someone tell me trump isn't nuts! It is bad enough that he encouraged this with his despicable speech earlier---but to now sit by-----and watch this on TV is criminal---and that is NOT just a figure of speech.

Capitol Police were caught by surprise.. they have never been attacked like this, even the Viet Nam protests..

Local reports of the three big counties, Montgomery and Prince Georges MD and Fairfax Va mobilizing police units..

This is not what we are---I am sitting here in tears watching this being live streamed. This will be trump's legacy---he has even gone beyond anything I expected---this is a crazy man.

National Guard has been activated.

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    This is a coup attempt by Trump and his supporters
    I agree. Time to arrest Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I agree. Time to arrest Trump.
    Amen!

"You knew what I was when you picked me up."