Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Covid has knocked on my door

Day seven and all is still good.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Sounds like you dodged the bullet......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

That's a good deal that says a lot about the personal protective gear you were wearing.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    That's a good deal that says a lot about the personal protective gear you were wearing.
    and the Pfizer shot in my right shoulder
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    and the Pfizer shot in my right shoulder
    I am anxiously awaiting my shot. From what I'm hearing it's going to be February.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    DC has an interesting policy Chief Medical Officer has instructed that no vaccine is to be wasted.. at the end of the days assignment, if there are vaccine doses left in an open container, they are to be given to others.. anyone, just don't throw any away.. the pharmacys have begun vaccinating their employees .. one went out onto the shopping floor and recruited a customer.. just don't waste it!

Smart move.

I had the bottom of my brain tickled by a very long q tip as they did a nasal swab on me. Quite hysterical actually. It was drive up I was in my wheelchair transport van. the nurse /techs top of her head was below the bottom of the drivers window. I had to unbuckle, lean out the window point my face up so she could stick the swab up each nostril and swirl in around for ten seconds a side. I almost started laughing.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    I had the bottom of my brain tickled by a very long q tip as they did a nasal swab on me. Quite hysterical actually. It was drive up I was in my wheelchair transport van. the nurse /techs top of her head was below the bottom of the drivers window. I had to unbuckle, lean out the window point my face up so she could stick the swab up each nostril and swirl in around for ten seconds a side. I almost started laughing.
    did your leg "twitch" like a dog being tickled when the super Q-tip went exploring? Mine does....

Last edited by Sandman; 01-07-2021 at 03:13 PM.

WOOT WOOT just got my Covid 19 swab test results back. NO COVID 19 Detected

Good deal!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

If I may presume to speak for all of us gathered around the Cracker Barrel. That is GREAT news.
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Voter View Post
    If I may presume to speak for all of us gathered around the Cracker Barrel. That is GREAT news.

Thanks. I wasn't really concerned about myself. I know the risks that my profession entails. My biggest concern and fear is to bring it home and infect my wife. I could never forgive myself if I gave it to her. Since the Pandemic became a reality we have slept in separate rooms. we use different bathrooms and towels. I bleach the washer after doing my laundry. It's scary stuff.

What IV said:biggrin:

Congrats Tri. When does Ruth get the shot?

Looking forward to getting them for me and the wife and hopefully it's soon.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'