Thread: Aw Crap

Aw Crap

One of my long time friends (We met in the mid 80s) His brother was the best man at my wedding, lost his wife this morning

Val spent 28 years as a Santa Cruz County Sheriff's Deputy. He worked in my coverage area of the Fire Department. His wife Debbie was a court reporter

He retired two years ago and they moved to Florida to enjoy their life together. She died from Leukemia

I met her before Val when I taught her mother to Scuba Dive in 1980.

This hurts, they were such a great couple. Val is devastated.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Sorry for your loss.. happens more and more as we get older

A 100 yo was asked what she doesn’t need anymore as she gets older.. her answer, her address book.

2020 is the gift that just keeps on giving. I hate to hear that my sympathy. Yesterday my brother-in-law's brother-in-law was out doing yard work and fell dead in the yard no history of heart problems 63 years old. My brother-in-law reviewed the video of the incident and said he just staggered and hit the ground. T guy I'm thinking it had to be a massive coronary what else would you suggest would cause something like that.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    2020 is the gift that just keeps on giving. I hate to hear that my sympathy. Yesterday my brother-in-law's brother-in-law was out doing yard work and fell dead in the yard no history of heart problems 63 years old. My brother-in-law reviewed the video of the incident and said he just staggered and hit the ground. T guy I'm thinking it had to be a massive coronary what else would you suggest would cause something like that.
    Blown Aorta. classic presentation
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Sorry for your losses, guys.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Sorry for your losses.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I'm very sorry Eric. Both my older brother and his wife suffer from leukemia. They fight that battle everyday. I'm not sure that I would make the same choice.

Your friend is free of that battle now, may she RIP.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

2020 has been a tough period for deaths around here as well...

Good buddy 59yo motorcycle accident
    Good buddy 60yo heart attack
    Good buddy 63yo died during heart surgery

Nurse Paula's younger brother ATV accident..

Sorry for all your losses Bo---may they all RIP.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Damn bo so sorry
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

My sympathies to all for each loss......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

It has been a particularly bad year for deaths. Sorry for all the losses.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke