Thread: Susan Wright, Texas Murderess

Susan Wright, Texas Murderess

Susan Wright was released on parole today after being incarcerated for 16 years after being convicted of murdering her husband by stabbing him 193 times. She was sentenced to 20 years, so she did more time than most. Her case made national headlines after the prosecuting attorney did a reenactment in the courtroom, bringing in the bloody mattress, tying another ADA down, and climbing on top pretending to stab him 193 times. One hell of a courtroom act.

I have an interesting link to the case as I was the first member of law enforcement she made contact with after killing her husband the night before. I was sitting at my desk when she walked into my office allegedly seeking help from her abusive husband. Why she picked my office I'll never know because it was behind an unmarked door in the courthouse.

She was an attractive woman, a bit disheveled, and told me she wanted to file a report of domestic violence. I immediately noticed her hands which were filthy with much dirt(?) under the fingernails. It seemed very odd to me that a woman of her apparent position would go out in public without cleaning her hands.

After listening to her wants, I directed her to our domestic violence unit which was located in a building across the street. I then called the domestic violence people and advised them that she was on the way and told them what she had told me.

I was surprised when she was charged with murdering her husband, but the dirty hands instantly made sense when it was reported she had buried her husband in the yard using potting soil or something similar.

Strange coincidental things happen in life, and this is one of mine.

I sincerely hope she can get her life together after all of this, but I doubt there is any way that could ever happen. The news media will never allow it. I guess posting this won't help, either.

Susan Wright
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I saw a documentary on that situation. That prosecutor did give them hell in that case with his demonstrations.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    I saw a documentary on that situation. That prosecutor did give them hell in that case with his demonstrations.
    Actually it was a her, Kelly Siegler. She became something of a celebrity after her law career. I had her as a prosecutor on a couple of my cases and she was hell on wheels! She got a 75 year conviction on one of the cases I filed.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I couldn't remember that but I do remember the prosecutor was a badass Hell on Wheels. I wouldn't want to go up against her.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

She prosecuted 68 murder trials without a loss. Of those were 20 capital murder cases. She got the death penalty in 19 of the 20 cases. Dayum!

I remember the name and the notoriety of the case, I didn't know you were involved, Mike...It seems the prosecutor made quite a career for herself afterwards......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

...and her husband thought she just wanted to get kinky
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis