Thread: B&H Camera

B&H Camera

B&H is located in mid-town Manhattan on 9th Ave. between 33rd and 34th streets. The have "funny" hours since they are owned by Hasidic Jews--so don't stop by late Friday or on a Saturday! In the past I have done a fair amount of business with them but that faded over time and more and more Amazon became my default supplier.

Recently I have been annoyed with the quality of my video camera--it simply is not fast enough to allow much motion. When I got this camera (Nexigo) it was not what my IT folks recommended (Logitech) but at the time their recommended camera simply wasn't available--there had been a run on them. I guess it was like toilet paper

So--Monday I checked Amazon again---and they have a notice on the page of this camera that they expect new stock in mid-Feb. I did a search and found out that B&H not only was selling the camera at the same price as Amazon---they had them in stock. So---today my new camera is to arrive---with free shipping via Fed-Ex.

The only "hit I suffer is to not get the 5% rebate that I earn on Amazon purchases. Instead I only get the normal 1%.

In any event, I placed another order this morning for a more "professional" camera mount and a pocket full of 64GB thumb drives at $5.99 ea.

They are more than cameras and you might find it worth your time to check them out.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I have had very good service and competitive pricing from Cameraland in NY. As far as I know, they aren't subsidized by the taxpayers like Amazon.

https://cameralandny.com/
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

I bought much from B&H during my photo equipment acquisition period a few years back...I always got excellent deals and service, and I've stayed on their email list all these years...I recommend them as well as KEH and Adorama...I guess I should think about selling my now-unused equipment back to them to fund some of my growing S&W accumulation......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...