Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: U.S. Mail = U.S. Disgrace

That’s why I don’t think the postal service would engage in a slowdown just because trump asked. They probably wouldn’t even do it for Biden.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

The slow down was not caused by the rank and file. It was managment driven by the new appointee, with the apparent target to snarl vote by mail. They pulled out sorting machines and did other structural changes to delay the mail.

It’s just easier to rig the voting machines. You guys would die if you knew how a slot machine works.

all this bull roar brings up a good question. But I’ll be damned if I know what it is.

don"

My Federal tax checks are normally processed in three days--on ocassion two. The State check normally follows by one or two days. The local check---whenever they wake up from their naps.

This quarter, they were mailed on the 14th---and now, eight days in, there is no action---maybe they don't need the money
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

They’ll sober up soon and get back to work.

don"

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    My federal tax payment took a week longer than usual to process.. (I get a reminder, with Addressed envelope from the state x3 1/2 weeks prior) ..

We received several Christmas cards in mid January, cards mailed in mid December

A small parcel took 3 weeks to travel between “metro New York” and “Dulles” mail centers ..

I believe it’s management removing machines and changing policy.. attempt to slow mail in votes ..

Remember.. the “evil union members “ are our brothers and sisters, sons and daughters, friends and neighbors.. these people take pride in their work and would not disrupt service on their own..