Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: U.S. Mail = U.S. Disgrace

U.S. Mail = U.S. Disgrace

I maximize my use of the web for everything I do but I am left with some things that must be paid by check and in those cases I use the USPS. I also receive some things via the postal system.

I use Wells Fargo Bank. Any check that must be mailed, I issue through WF. I do the transaction on-line and then within a day they release a paper check. They allow a 7-10 day window for receipt. Traditionally, that has worked without flaw. No longer. The past 2 months have been a disaster. I just had a check arrive yesterday which took 21 days to deliver, by which time I had placed a stop payment order on it. I have had to place stop payment orders on 2 checks to that vendor in Dec---that is 100%. So far one replacement has arrived, the other is still in suspense. I have another vendor (lawn mowing) who never received a check sent in Oct--I sent him a replacement yesterday.

The same is true on incoming mail. I still am waiting checks that were first mailed in mid-Nov, stop payments issued and replacement checks mailed 10 days ago.

Do any of you still use mail and do you see any degradation of service?
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

My bank, BBVA, will write and mail paper checks to anyone I specify at no additional charge to me...I also write and mail the occasional check myself...So far no problems at all, although lately the ones I've personally mailed have been a bit slow getting there, but not more than a week total time...Maybe I'm just lucky......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Navy Federal has a warning banner on the sign in/ welcome page about USPS delay...

I had a check to rental property HOA go MIA in 2019. If anything is late recently, I haven’t been informed

I have the same service from Wells Fargo Ben--and in the past it has worked without a problem, but the last few months have seen an obvious change.

I just realized that I have an Amazon shipment coming USPS which left NJ, see below
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	19 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	37799  

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Our post office is smaller than most of your closets, maybe a couple hundred PO boxes. I have mine delivered to my mailbox in front of the house.

The lady who delivers my mail is a nice lady who tries hard, but the lady who stands behind the mailboxes sorting things can be a little grouchy. Sometimes we get the neighbors mail and have to take it down to them.

I believe I complained in a previous post about our USPS now being the delivery service for fed-x. When I asked the poor overworked lady how much the taxpayers were getting paid to do fed-x's work, she would only reply "not enough".

So, the moral of the story is that FED-X SUCKS. If the USPS service was as poor as theirs, there would be rioting in the streets.

I also note that besides a huge increase in mail-order shopping, the USPS got triple-witched by the holidays AND an election. I'm willing to be patient.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

I know several folks in the Post Office. Their take is that the union took the opportunity of the holidays to have a "slow down" using covid as the excuse. This was done according to the sources to show the new administration how important the post office is so that they can posture for more funding and wage increases. Take that for what you will.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Dave, if your account is a business account Wells Fargo will allow you to set up electronic transfers. Reoccurring if needed.

I have not seen a check book in 10 years. Everything is electronic.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Dave, if your account is a business account Wells Fargo will allow you to set up electronic transfers. Reoccurring if needed.

I have not seen a check book in 10 years. Everything is electronic.
    I do that in some cases, but it is a hassle to set up the recipient, especially for non-recurring payments.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    I know several folks in the Post Office. Their take is that the union took the opportunity of the holidays to have a "slow down" using covid as the excuse. This was done according to the sources to show the new administration how important the post office is so that they can posture for more funding and wage increases. Take that for what you will.
    The union may have insisted on Covid safety procedures that slowed the work flow down but I don’t believe that a “slow down” was organized.. union workers have personal integrity and will not normally violate their personal principles.
    , remember USPS workers are our brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews, sons and daughters.. these people would not intentionally slow down..

Additionally.. the administration removed sorting machines to slow down the mail in ballots.. the removed machines and Covid safety would definitely slow things down..

Just my opinion, I could be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    I do that in some cases, but it is a hassle to set up the recipient, especially for non-recurring payments.
    Usually less time to set up one then writing a check a sending it.

Like Bo says haven't written a check in years.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    The union may have insisted on Covid safety procedures that slowed the work flow down but I don’t believe that a “slow down” was organized.. union workers have personal integrity and will not normally violate their personal principles.
    , remember USPS workers are our brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews, sons and daughters.. these people would not intentionally slow down..

Additionally.. the administration removed sorting machines to slow down the mail in ballots.. the removed machines and Covid safety would definitely slow things down..

This
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    Usually less time to set up one then writing a check a sending it.

Like Bo says haven't written a check in years.
    I'm not writing checks Fred---that bank does that---then they put them in the mail and that is where the process takes a dump

I use Zelle, and that is slick, but it only works between other banks that use Zelle.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    remember USPS workers are our brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews, sons and daughters.. these people would not intentionally slow down..

I'm not the one that called The Postal Service a disgrace. I only posted what one Union member told me who's been with the Postal Service 28 years and what one high-ranking supervisor told me. Like I said in my post take it for what it's worth.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.