Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: U.S. Mail = U.S. Disgrace

At noon today, Biden. Until then, Trump.

Trump. It happened on his watch.

Now, if it doesn't self-inflate after Noon today, that part will be on Biden.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    The union wasn't responsible for the degradation of service we saw this fall---that came right from the top---with intent
    That is every bit a loony as thinking the election was stolen. I will enthusiastically change my mind when I see some proof. I don’t think trump had anywhere that kind of power.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

I actually have had a very good experience with the Postal Service. For the most part I have nothing to complain about. This package misdirection is an anomaly for me.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by CactusCurt View Post
    That is every bit a loony as thinking the election was stolen. I will enthusiastically change my mind when I see some proof. I don’t think trump had anywhere that kind of power.
    Apparently you missed a few news cycles. I'll leave you with this and you can look this joy up on line and read for the rest of the day.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I miss as many 'news cycles' as possible.

Your cycle has a flat anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Only until noon.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Apparently you missed a few news cycles. I'll leave you with this and you can look this joy up on line and read for the rest of the day.
    There was zero proof there. So the guys a partisan - big f’n deal. The government is full of them. And I was really surprised to see that the quality of service declined once again when we re-invented goobermint*.

It is completely illogical for the USPS to do anything that trump directed (your original claim). In fact, the ink wouldn’t be dry on his order before it was plastered on every front page of every major news outlet. This conspiracy to change the outcome of the election because trump turned down the dials on the mail sorter is nonsense.

But I’ll beat Honda to the punch here and call for a full blown investigation. We should bugdet $10 billion dollars and 4 years. The American people deserve it.

*I have already shared the hilarious tale of when Al Gore re-invented goobermint. I got a 4 year contract to put 20 engineers from a federal agency on my books. Their office was applauded for being able to continue the same level of performance with so many fewer people. And yes, all signed off by the solicitor.

don"

Yep, we called it outsourcing - where the government no longer takes jobs that public vendors can provide. It was a good deal for the taxpayer. More jobs in private industry, fewer government employees to pay salaries and benefits to. Right now, the size of government in terms of civilian employees is about 2 million. It has fluctuated around that number since 1953. When you think of how many functions the federal government has taken on in that time frame, it is pretty interesting to see that the extra work has not led to more people being hired. Things become efficient, even in government.

They remained federal employees. It just shifted the cost from the department to the program. It was even adjusted annually for COLA. None of these folks ever even stopped by the office to say thanks.

don"

In my agency, we hired outside vendors via contracting authorities. We went from over 200 full time equivalents to just under 100.

They had a freeze on FTE’s, and funds available under the program. I suppose a solicitor somewhere might consider us a contractor, but we were a beneficiary under a self-determination contract. It was total horsepoop accounting nonsense implemented in response to ridiculous directives.

BUT, the important thing was that we were able to figure out a way to keep on delivering much needed facilities and services to Americans. Didn’t even skip a beat.

I was doing my patriotic duty. I’m not joking when I say that.

don"

I believe you. I viewed my time in service to the public as a trust, and I felt privileged to be in service. I'm sure you did too.