Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: U.S. Mail = U.S. Disgrace

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    My bank, BBVA, will write and mail paper checks to anyone I specify at no additional charge to me...I also write and mail the occasional check myself...So far no problems at all, although lately the ones I've personally mailed have been a bit slow getting there, but not more than a week total time...Maybe I'm just lucky......Ben
    I pay my bills through my bank and it's all electronic transfer never touches the mail and is instantaneous.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Here is just one example of what has also become a common outcome, I could post more of the same but that doesn't change what has become a third world "system"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	19 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	37801  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	19 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	37802  

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Here's a pair of grips sent from Alabama to my home in Conroe:
    December 31, 2020, 2:11 am
    Departed USPS Regional Facility
    SIOUX FALLS SD DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    Your item departed our USPS facility in SIOUX FALLS SD DISTRIBUTION CENTER on December 31, 2020 at 2:11 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
    December 31, 2020, 2:10 am
    Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
    SIOUX FALLS SD DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    December 30, 2020, 12:43 am
    Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
    MONTGOMERY AL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    December 29, 2020, 3:57 pm
    Departed Post Office
    ASHFORD, AL 36312
    December 29, 2020, 10:04 am
    USPS in possession of item
    ASHFORD, AL 36312
    I'm not sure of the value of the one minute stopover in South Dakota, but I'm sure the Post Office knows what they're doing......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    My USPS tale of woe..

Tracking History
    December 31, 2020, 2:13 pm
    Delivered, Front Door/Porch
    FAIRFAX, VA 22030
    Your item was delivered at the front door or porch at 2:13 pm on December 31, 2020 in FAIRFAX, VA 22030.
    December 31, 2020, 9:27 am
    Arrived at Post Office
    FAIRFAX, VA 22030
    December 31, 2020, 7:18 am
    Arrived at USPS Facility
    FAIRFAX, VA 22030
    December 31, 2020, 6:53 am
    MERRIFIELD VA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    December 31, 2020, 5:16 am
    Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
    MERRIFIELD VA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    December 31, 2020, 4:07 am
    DULLES VA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    December 31, 2020, 12:16 am
    Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
    DULLES VA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    December 8, 2020
    In Transit to Next Facility
    December 4, 2020, 12:00 am
    Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
    METRO NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    December 3, 2020, 10:45 pm
    Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
    ASTORIA, NY 11105
    Note that between December 8 and December 31, package was in transit between Metro New York City and Metro DC, Northern Virginia..

Maybe it was in South Dakota??

This has become systemic for me and now based on the responses here I am beginning to wonder if this might not be a red state blue state thing
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

More and more I see signs that the media is now catching on to this disgraceful lack of performance on the part of the USPS.

The sad thing is that few of these reports point to the core problem---damn poor management---period. The volume should have been expected as well as the impact of covid. At maximum demand only a fool would willingly reduce capacity

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    This has become systemic for me and now based on the responses here I am beginning to wonder if this might not be a red state blue state thing
    I live in a bright red area in a blue state and mine is fine. But then again, I know the people who sort and deliver my mail. I could possibly believe it’s a union thing, but I’m skeptical.

You realize you are looking for a conspiracy here right?
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by CactusCurt View Post
    I live in a bright red area in a blue state and mine is fine. But then again, I know the people who sort and deliver my mail. I could possibly believe it’s a union thing, but I’m skeptical.

You realize you are looking for a conspiracy here right?
    No---in reality I suspect those responsible are too stupid to even conceive a conspiracy

No---in reality I suspect those responsible are too stupid to even conceive a conspiracy
    We agree on that. A conspiracy is damn hard to pull off. Even harder if you are Trump trying to tell government ee’s how to do their jobs.

don"

I just had a shipment take a side trip. After leaving Houston, it made its way to my post office where it was then sent to Pittsburg before returning to my post office by way of Shreveport. I wonder how something like that happens? Hopefully it will be delivered today.

January 20, 2021, 7:08 am
    Out for Delivery, Expected Delivery Between 12:30pm and 4:30pm
    OVERTON, TX 75684
    Your item is out for delivery on January 20, 2021 at 7:08 am in OVERTON, TX 75684.

January 20, 2021, 6:57 am
    Arrived at Post Office
    OVERTON, TX 75684

January 20, 2021, 3:04 am
    SHREVEPORT LA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

January 19, 2021, 9:52 pm
    Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
    SHREVEPORT LA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

January 19, 2021, 10:02 am
    Arrived at USPS Facility
    PITTSBURG, TX 75686

January 19, 2021, 8:43 am
    Accepted at USPS Destination Facility
    OVERTON, TX 75684

January 19, 2021, 1:00 am
    Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
    HUTCHINS, TX 75141
    Shipping Partner: AMAZON

January 17, 2021, 8:32 pm
    Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
    HOUSTON, TX 77038

January 17, 2021, 7:13 pm
    Picked Up by Shipping Partner, USPS Awaiting Item
    HOUSTON, TX 77038
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Mine has been slowly improving but still has a long way to go---I hope the departure of the lap dog will be a step in the right direction.

Did I just hear you say you hoped that a democrat would straighten out a union dominated bureaucracy?

don"

Quote Originally Posted by CactusCurt View Post
    Did I just hear you say you hoped that a democrat would straighten out a union dominated bureaucracy?
    The union wasn't responsible for the degradation of service we saw this fall---that came right from the top---with intent

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    The union isn’t the problem.. I think that USPS has pretty much broken the union, at least salary wise..

Worked in a union shop for thirty years.. problems like today’s USPS are not the union..

BTW.. I’m still receiving Christmas cards in mid-January, a month to travel 300 miles..

The union wasn't responsible for the degradation of service we saw this fall---that came right from the top---with intent
    Or maybe it's a result of everyone locking down and buying more stuff on line....Why does everything that changes in this world have to be tied to politics?

I have a flat tire on my dirt bike.. Who is to blame? Trump or Biden?