Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quadrajet choke adjustment questions

If I had any sense I would stay out of this---but today I seem to be adequately senseless

My way of adjusting them was to loosen the three screws and turn (while cold) the body (CCW?) enough to just close the choke plate. Although I do not see it on yours, I believe they had a reference arrow molded into them that served as a reference and the nominal setting lined up with a marking on the die cast part of the housing.

I'll end my possible embarrassment there
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    My way of adjusting them was to loosen the three screws and turn (while cold) the body (CCW?) enough to just close the choke plate. Although I do not see it on yours, I believe they had a reference arrow molded into them that served as a reference and the nominal setting lined up with a marking on the die cast part of the housing.
    That sounds familiar to me too......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...