Ok, more detail to be added later but here's the skinny.

The electric choke on my Qjet on my stroker never worked right , so it was disabled. Rig is only used in the summer, so not that big a deal but on the fix-it list and currently underway. The carb is from Jet and is basically new.

So after putting it on the bench and pulling the choke housing and linkage and putting it back together the way I *think* it goes, this is where I'm at.

To cold start, she won't close the choke blade by moving the throttle until I adjust the choke blade. So turn the choke adjustment dial (black bakelite dial in choke housing)to snug closed but not tight. Starts like a champ, choke pull-off appears to be functioning and adjusted correctly.

BUT, after running on high idle for plenty long (10 minutes), the bi-metal coil hasn't opened the choke blade all the way to the point it falls off the high idle adjustment. During this process I end up having to tinker with the high idle speed, whose adjustment mechanism seems to be working as intended.

If I push down on the high idle cam with my finger, I can feel ever so slight pressure (spring?) wanting to push it back up. However, I can't "release" it with my finger, so I have to go back to the choke adjustment and open it (15 or 20 degrees of rotation?) until it falls off the high idle adjustment and onto the curb idle adjustment. I can bang on the throttle all I want (clear to WOT), but that doesnt kick it off the high idle either. I can't figure out what's keeping the fast idle cam from falling.

I will go out when it warms up and go thru the process again detailing the gymnastics i have to go thru - including pictures! I'm getting pretty good at it.

This thing runs PERFECT except for the choke. I don't want to have to replace it with some junk edelbrock or TBi.

If you can walk me thru this, I will send you a box of beer cans.