As the result of a series of events, I now find myself facing an immanent overstock of kimchi---all competing for warehouse space in the frig. I got one 32 oz shipment yesterday and have two more 32 oz shipments coming from another producer.

In an effort to relieve this pending overload, I had kimchi and eggs for breakfast. First, two chopped habanero peppers went into the pan with a bit of olive oil, followed closely with the kimchi (slightly drained---since the juice is not to be boiled away ). Once well heated, I broke two eggs over the top, then capped them with Korean hot pepper paste (Gochujang), covered and let the eggs cook slowly on their bed of kimchi

Tomorrow I may have to add a top cap of nori

I did mention to my wife that I could do as the Koreans do and bury my stash in the field---but since it hasn't been above freezing lately that didn't seem like a real good option at the moment

Off food for the moment---I think it was Wednesday of this week that it was snowing hard during the day. In the late afternoon, my wife told me to look out at the garden. I was on a video conference at the time and she quickly apologized and left with no explanation. A few minutes latter I saw an opportunity to escape for a minute. I muted my mic, stopped my video feed which in turn simply puts up a picture of me as a place keeper on the screen----and off to the window I went. And---what to my wondering eyes did appear but nine lovely deer---but on this day they had left the adjacent field and gathered around a large area of rhododendron in the garden. I didn't even care In the past, I would have thrown up the sash and encouraged them to move on---but they have gained complete access to the place---maybe they think I have turned into Santa

My hunting days are now dedicated to taking and coaching my Grandchildren---my own harvesting of deer is now retired to pleasant memories. I mentioned to my wife one time that the deer act as if they own the place and are nice enough to allow us to share it---she said she thought I knew that!