Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CB Guinea Pig

Thanks for the tip, Fred......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plague.jpeg 
Views:	22 
Size:	161.2 KB 
ID:	37776  

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Maybe.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Do you suddenly have the urge to do exactly what the government tells you to do via the voices in your head TriTip?

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Do you suddenly have the urge to do exactly what the government tells you to do via the voices in your head TriTip?
    Well I did just say Eff the stay at home lock down and went camping for three days at Mt Lassen. I will always march to one of the 3 million voices in my head
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Please remember that we all do not hear the same voices .. so keep explaining yourself.. (try not to use pronouns)..

Be safe.. hope “camping” is really “hermiting “ alone in the woods..

Re: great unwashed.. US Grand Prix at Watkins Glen.. late 70s.. was Woodstock with a Formula 1 race.. in 1978 we went with 18 cases of Old Milwaukee 14oz cans.. 8lb of chicken dogs (and white bread for rolls) six cans of campbells chicken noodle soup (my wife’s) and an Entemans danish ring.. we brought hot dogs home.. (slept in a 1975 E150).. an East coast thing..

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Please remember that we all do not hear the same voices .. so keep explaining yourself.. (try not to use pronouns)..

Be safe.. hope “camping” is really “hermiting “ alone in the woods..

Re: great unwashed.. US Grand Prix at Watkins Glen.. late 70s.. was Woodstock with a Formula 1 race.. in 1978 we went with 18 cases of Old Milwaukee 14oz cans.. 8lb of chicken dogs (and white bread for rolls) six cans of campbells chicken noodle soup (my wife’s) and an Entemans danish ring.. we brought hot dogs home.. (slept in a 1975 E150).. an East coast thing..

There might have been 50 people in the entire park. on the trails we were alone. camping was one group off in a tent in the snow and 3 self contained RVs over 200' apart. Not many folks out camping when its 24* at night at 6600' in the Cascades
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    There might have been 50 people in the entire park. on the trails we were alone. camping was one group off in a tent in the snow and 3 self contained RVs over 200' apart. Not many folks out camping when its 24* at night at 6600' in the Cascades
    ...and that brings back fond memories of the "bog" years! Oh my---what stories rush past my mind's eye
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    ...and that brings back fond memories of the "bog" years! Oh my---what stories rush past my mind's eye
    We were camping inside the track.. where the track split to go left into “the boot” or right to the “girlie” NASCAR boot bypass..

There was big action at the bog.. (greyhound bus?) .. so several of us headed over.. awhile later, I am awakened by the strong smell tear gas.. my friends are now where to be found and I had “fallen asleep” sitting on the track against a guard rail.. we were camping next to a bunch of Canadians.. I may have gotten into their cooler..

Oh.. being young and at “the Glen”..

US-15 is almost all 4 lane now and you don’t have to go through a kizillion little towns..

That Greyhound bus ended up being the death toll of the bog. We normally camped on the back straight both on the inside and outside.
    I remember one Grand Prix when it snowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    I think I would take a chance without a mask there.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    I think I would take a chance without a mask there.
    Yeah once you got 200 yards out from the visitor center and the kidde snow play area it was empty. The show play area had large family groups too close to each other without masks. we kept masked up for the first half mile of hiking and in the parking lot during the day