Thread: Ben---stay away from Washington

Ben---stay away from Washington

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I was born too late...Again......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    I was born too late...Again......Ben
    Didn’t even have deposit bottles back then.. people returned their bottles because they said that they would..

BTW.. back then, what is now Construction Ave was a swampy creek.. across Constitution Ave, below 15th street was the “ruff” section of town and wholesale food markets.. all torn down during depression and Federal Triangle was built, there today,, one section of federal triangle was delayed because Old Post Office had to be torn down.. never torn down, is Trump Hotel today

There are other downfalls to Ben's thriving metal business. I read an article the other day that one of his competitors I don't think he was in Texas found a dead body in the weeds.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    I read an article the other day that one of his competitors I don't think he was in Texas found a dead body in the weeds.
    It's a cutthroat bidness...I'm now gravitating to the more durable metals, like blued steel...Maybe a little stainless or even nickeled......Ben
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1036.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	177.7 KB 
ID:	37766  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1062.JPG 
Size:	466.0 KB 
ID:	37767  

Name:	IMG_1072.JPG 
Size:	473.7 KB 
ID:	37768  

Name:	IMG_1087.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	290.0 KB 
ID:	37769  

Name:	IMG_1075.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	484.6 KB 
ID:	37770  

The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Numbers one and three would be OK if you got in a shoot out in a boxing ring---while standing in the middle
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Numbers one and three would be OK if you got in a shoot out in a boxing ring---while standing in the middle
    Yeah, but if there's more than 13 of them, I'm screwed......Ben

That is the origin of the saying, "keep your enemies close " cause at 5 paces you can't hit them!