Thread: Letter to the editor of my weekly paper

Letter to the editor of my weekly paper

I will remember.
    I am a registered Republican, a fact that now causes me a measure of shame and anger through the actions of U.S. Rep. Mike Kelly (R Erie) and State Sen. Bob Mensch, along with a long list of their political cohorts.
    Kelly (et al.) filed a lawsuit claiming that all 2.5 million mail-in ballots in PA should be rejected, or as an alternative, new presidential electors be chosen by the Republican controlled State Legislature. This was a blatant attempt at disenfranchising me and millions of others who voted by absentee and mail-in ballots.
    On Saturday, the Pa Supreme Court dismissed that case with prejudice. I am left with the nagging reality that Kelly thought he had the right to discard my vote and violate a sacred principle of our democracy.
    Sen. Mensch, you have disgraced yourself with your blind partisan willingness to join this parade of dishonesty. It matters not if you originated the unsubstantiated claims you spread or simply parroted the lies of others---you have clearly defined your character sir.
    The bad taste the two of you and your “back room buddies” have left with me will linger for years.
    To end on a positive note, I must complement all those involved in this year’s voting process. Because of business travel demands, I have voted by absentee ballot for years. This year the Board of Elections raised the level of professionalism tremendously. I knew when my ballot was mailed to me, when it was received by the Board and when it was counted. Kudos for a job well done.
    Sen. Mensch happens to be my neighbor down the road.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Local article along the same line of thought..

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...614_story.html

Wasn’t familiar with the Congressman.. way southwest of us..

Good for him, we need him back along with many more of character
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

That was a good read. I think I could like Riggleman.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I agree.. but he is gone.. lost a “state convention primary “

We have a history of the Virginia Republican Party holding a “convention “ vs a voter primary, as a result most of ourGOP candidates are just like the convention attendees, very red... as a result we have a 100% blue state wide office holders.. both senators, governor & lieutenant governor and Commonwealths Attorney.. the GOP candidates were too red..

Note.. a Virginia Democratic would be a Republican in California or Massachusetts..

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I agree.. but he is gone.. lost a “state convention primary “

We have a history of the Virginia Republican Party holding a “convention “ vs a voter primary, as a result most of ourGOP candidates are just like the convention attendees, very red... as a result we have a 100% blue state wide office holders.. both senators, governor & lieutenant governor and Commonwealths Attorney.. the GOP candidates were too red..

Note.. a Virginia Democratic would be a Republican in California or Massachusetts..
    That sucks---leads me to think the Democrats pray the Republicans don't catch on

I believe that there is a 10% “purple middle” that will “swing “ back and forth.. without the “purple” vote most/a lot of elections are lost..

Just my opinion, I could be wrong..