Thread: I am embarrassed for the trump supporters

I am embarrassed for the trump supporters

The man has moved from bizarre to full blown nuts.
    I have zero sympathy, compassion, or empathy for him but I do feel for those who supported him.
    Barry turned out to be smart enough to get out, I'm sure others still trapped in the west wing wish they had the courage to do the same.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Barry is Barr but if I try to edit on my phone it is deleted.

Well yesterday's talk about the covid bill wasn't quite right. Part of the funds were to keep the gov running. How much was pork and by what side??????
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Embarassed is an interesting word. I would think sympathetic would fit better, being woke and all.

A Trump supporter, if there are any left, could as easily point out how embarrassing it is that nearly half the country thought he was a better choice than Harris/Biden.

But I'm a uniter not a divider, so it's peace and love only from me.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by CactusCurt View Post
    ....... nearly half the country thought he was a better choice than Harris/Biden.

......:
    Yeah but not enough to get him re-elected.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Don't feel sorry for us Dave. Save your embarrassment and sympathy for this country after this new Administration gets in full swing. Don't believe me just read the bill they just passed. Lots more of that kind of crap to come. The Republicans are no different than the Democrats it's all about themselves and Washington. That half-wit new president we're about to get is making a fool of himself everyday. I surely won't be able to remind you every day with 14 or 15 posts about everything he does wrong I don't have that kind of hateful energy in me but you won't need that you'll be able to see it for yourself.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I don't know which particular actions (or inactions) prompted the thread, but pardons may have played a part.

I'm too lazy to look up recidivism rates, but it wouldn't surprise me one single bit to see Trump's buddies back in the can. Stone and Manafort are a couple of goons.

I'm picking Stone in the pool for first to repeat.

don"

I don't know which particular actions (or inactions) prompted the thread, but pardons may have played a part.

I'm too lazy to look up recidivism rates, but it wouldn't surprise me one single bit to see Trump's buddies back in the can. Stone and Manafort are a couple of goons.

I'm picking Stone in the pool for first to repeat.

Nothing unusual about a president issuing last-minute pardons for unsavory people. It's happened many many times. The Constitution gives the president the power to do so. So we have learned to live with it. It will continue with future presidents.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Nothing unusual about a president issuing last-minute pardons for unsavory people. It's happened many many times. The Constitution gives the president the power to do so. So we have learned to live with it. It will continue with future presidents.
    Is that a yes, because they are scumbags they will be back in?

And I don't believe because someone else does it makes it right.

don"

Is that a yes, because they are scumbags they will be back in?

And I don't believe because someone else does it makes it right.
    Nothing in Washington has anything to do with right or wrong. To me that is obvious. It has to do with power and politics. Nothing more nothing less. Sad as it is that is where we find ourselves as a country. Been going on for years and will continue until the people wake up and start electing people that care about them instead of themselves and politics. Unfortunately I don't look for that to happen anytime soon.

In an article dated November 24th:
    So far, Trump has granted clemency less frequently than any president in modern history
    If so inclined, you can waste time learning more HERE.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Here is an example of a wonderful use of the pardon to rebut an overzealous Obama Justice Department prosecution.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...ine-on-suspect

Whats with the deflections?

My assertion is that Trump pardoned/commuted creeps. And whether others have done it before is irrelevant to whether they are creeps and deserving of a pardon.

For your diversionary tactic to be useful, you would need to address whether this "right" of POTUS needs to be eliminated.

I'm going to assume you think they deserve to be let off since the point apparently missed you.

don"

Whats with the deflections?

My assertion is that Trump pardoned/commuted creeps. And whether others have done it before is irrelevant to whether they are creeps and deserving of a pardon.

For your diversionary tactic to be useful, you would need to address whether this "right" of POTUS needs to be eliminated.

I'm going to assume you think they deserve to be let off since the point apparently missed you.
    There's no diversion I've stated my opinion and what I believe very clearly. Nothing about what you have said has missed me gone over my head or been misunderstood. It seems we just disagree and you know what I'm good with that.