Thread: Colonoscopy......

Colonoscopy......

Not the most pleasant experience to go through, but got it done yesterday. Dr found one polyp so now I'm on the 5 year plan. Must say the stuff they want you to drink is a lot better than the last one.

So if need it get it done. Best thing is resetting you stomach to not desire the amount of food you were eating.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Mine is scheduled for 12/18. I hope to stay on the 10year plan.

I think I have reached the age of denial---they don't want to peek anymore
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    My dad was the “poster boy” for cancer.. he had “one of each”..

I started on the three year plan at age 40.. at 60 went to five year plan.. the prep is the worst, never gets easier..

Frequent flyer Hints.. in “pre-op” when you meet the Anesthesia Doc.. don’t let go of the hand shake and tell them how anxious you are.. a shot containing old music running through your head is on the way.. bring a sandwich (egg McMuffin works great) and have spouse give it to you as soon as your eyes open.. will be the best sandwich ever!

And when mixing the prep drink with a clear liquid.. Vodka is not a clear liquid, I asked..

And when mixing the prep drink with a clear liquid.. Vodka is not a clear liquid, I asked..

IMHO, the clean out agents have become less obnoxious over the years
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

The new doctor in Nebraska wanted to do one before I left for the winter, decided to do it when I return in April(?). Talked them into doing it when I return BUT I'm not having much luck to the other request. I've had two done while living in Arizona. Of course being single and family living in the Midwest and being a truck driver, I didn't have anyone to babysit me when they did the procedure. They wouldn't let me drive home so we came to an understanding, no anesthesia. I joked with the female doctor and nurse the whole time, between farts. Let's see how progressive the doctors are in Nebraska.
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson

You are a better man than me---I had to go that route once and when they ended up kind of under my shoulder blade, it hurt like hell!

Never again will I go live on that one