Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A mystery for Joe to chew on...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    I wonder if, just possibly, a precious metal dealer we both know might have some knowledge of this mysterious event
    As a precious metals industrialist, I disavow all knowledge of what may or may not have become of this 546.3 pound object made of aluminum which wholesales this week for 19.7 cents per pound...I further know nothing of whether this object could be secured and/or shrouded on a nine foot flatbed mounted on a powerful and reliable Dodge/Cummins cab and chassis......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    As a precious metals industrialist, I disavow all knowledge of what may or may not have become of this 546.3 pound object made of aluminum which wholesales this week for 19.7 cents per pound...I further know nothing of whether this object could be secured and/or shrouded on a nine foot flatbed mounted on a powerful and reliable Dodge/Cummins cab and chassis......Ben
    You sound as if you are planning on running for political office soon
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

You sound as if you are planning on running for political office soon
    As President-elect Phillbo can tell you, I prefer to remain behind the scenes as collection agent and kingmaker......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I can understand---obviously you have mastered the story line
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I can understand---obviously you have mastered the story line
    And I hear Ben's hired Rudy as a standby attorney after his gig with the Don.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    And I hear Ben's hired Rudy as a standby attorney after his gig with the Don.
    I would not bet that rudy doesn't have another gig in his future

Instead of misdirecting blame for this nefarious caper on an innocent profession such as the precious metals industry, the truth might be found by closely examining the latest clues:
    "The thing was filthy from people touching it," he said. "I attempted to wipe it down, but it's like the handprints were frozen to it and from a donut glaze or something."
    The donut glaze is an important clue as precious metals industrialists are well known for avoiding poor dietary habits such as the sugar coated lardballs known as glazed donuts...However donuts are known to be a diet staple of other professions such as police officers, even those who manage to stay skinny as a rail during their careers...I propose that is far likelier to locate the culprit among recently retired law enforcement officers who now hide behind the façade of being gentleman longhorn ranchers...

Such a monolith could be easily converted into a high-tech watering trough for pet cattle...However care should be exercised when investigating these devious suspects as they are known to have gorgeous doe-eyed daughters on the premises who, although innocent looking, are to be approached with caution because they are consistently armed with Glock pistols, and have no reservations about shooting first then not bothering to ask questions......Ben

Huh? Did someone mention "donuts"?

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Leave it to a cop