Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A mystery for Joe to chew on...

A mystery for Joe to chew on...

Metal monolith appears in the middle of nowhere...Well maybe not exactly nowhere, but the Utah desert is a good ways from anywhere...
    Officers from the Utah Department of Public Safety's Aero Bureau were flying by helicopter last Wednesday, helping the Division of Wildlife Resources count bighorn sheep in southeastern Utah, when they spotted something that seemed right out of "2001: A Space Odyssey."
    And since both Wacojoe and Utah have disappeared from the face of the earth in recent times, I suspect collusion and intrigue from the darkest corners......Ben

The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I think that's cool!

I say leave it for the next people that populate the earth to figure out... Kind of like a Stone Hinge type thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    I think that's cool!

I say leave it for the next people that populate the earth to figure out... Kind of like a Stone Hinge type thing.
    I have to agree Bo.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

I wonder how long it was there before being discovered
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I heard it was gold and covered in scripture......
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

I found it :

38.34307872356567, -109.66618517487495

You can see the thing on google earth
    and it wasn't on the map Aug 2015...it came sometime after that
    and before Oct 2016
    Last edited by Phillbo; 11-24-2020 at 08:54 PM.

I get it----this is a new art form from Banksy, he is branching out from cities making the entire world his canvas----don't stand still
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

"The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    I think that's cool!

Who, how, why??

For a society that can’t keep a surprise party secret, whomever did a great job..

Maybe an Ancient Alien Special will explain everything

Diesel Bros taking selfies

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH_212pAKpr/

Diesel Bros taking selfies
    Then the rumors are true...That guy is an alien for sure......Ben

The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

And just as suddenly it was gone......Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    And just as suddenly it was gone......Ben
    You beat me to it

As mysteriously as it arrived, a metal monolith that was discovered last week by Utah public safety workers is now gone, officials said on Saturday.

The three-sided metal structure was removed on Friday evening “by an unknown party” from the public land it was found on, the federal Bureau of Land Management’s Utah office said in a statement.

The bureau said it had not removed the monolith, which it considers “private property.”

The Utah Department of Public Safety said on Monday that it had found the object while surveying for bighorn sheep.

“IT’S GONE!” the Department of Public Safety said, reacting to the news in an Instagram post. “Almost as quickly as it appeared it has now disappeared,” the department said, adding, “I can only speculate” that aliens took it back, using the emoji for extraterrestrials.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    You beat me to it
    Someone always “spills the beans”.. we should hear the whole story over time.. (it will be found in a storage locker or sold for recycle)..

Or the Martians (Mars-men to geezers) will tell us (after they kick our collective ass for putzing with their planet) ..

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Someone always “spills the beans”.. we should hear the whole story over time.. (it will be found in a storage locker or sold for recycle)..

Or the Martians (Mars-men to geezers) will tell us (after they kick our collective ass for putzing with their planet) ..
    I wonder if, just possibly, a precious metal dealer we both know might have some knowledge of this mysterious event