Thread: I'm bad

I'm bad

I have modified my handling of spam calls. Now, if time and mood align, I will answer the call and if the call is such that it allows for extended "play" I will stay on the line.

This morning one such call that was going to give me a lower interest rate on credit card balances went on for several minutes with some guy obviously in a much different location than the US. He walked me through a number of warm-up questions until we got to the meat of the matter---he asked which of my cards was the one most used--I gave him an answer and then he asked the average balance---I don't carry a balance---so then we were off to number two---with the same dialog. Then I told him I don't carry balances on credit cards and he got indignant----he wanted to know why I was wasting HIS time

He hung up on me

This afternoon I got a call about being overcharged for electric---this one is common---but they keep calling. I played along making the guy---in the same far off land--sure he had a live one. When he asked for my account number I told him I had to go and get a bill----just hang on while I get it it. He did pretty well---he hung on for a little over 3 minutes---about 1 minute over the average

Another trick, for the ones that want to talk to my wife-----hold on I'll get her
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Dave , if you have the spare time and desire , I always save the SASE for different groups . Then I put the garbage from one into the other and return it. No cost and I hope it angers them .
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

I have heard that before but since I don't open or sort the mail I'd have to "insert" myself into that process---so I'll pass one that one
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Common response is there's blood all over the place, when are you coming over to help move the body.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Always makes me think of Tom Mabes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7Og...=MabeInAmerica

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Always makes me think of Tom Mabes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7Og...=MabeInAmerica
    I---I---I---think I'll look for another line of work

Tom Mabes is pretty funny.

I'm saving my energy for when I get a Trump fundraising call to pay for this circus.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.