Thread: Dancing in the streets

Dancing in the streets

My Brother in law from New Mexico swooped in last weekend and carted my mother in law off to live near him in New Mexico. She had worn out her welcome with the other 3 siblings and their family members in my neck of the woods.

This means that I will never have to deal with her racist bigoted bullroar again
    Last edited by TriGuy; 11-18-2020 at 08:44 AM.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

So Eric---tell us how you really feel about your MIL
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    So Eric---tell us how you really feel about your MIL
    I would have no problem putting her out on an ice flow
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

My mother in law came out to visit one summer and stayed until she passed away 15 years later. Ice flow would've been to good for her.
    When you've never seen the elephant, it's really
    easy to imagine yourself swingin' it by the tail

I'm lucky. My MIL hates me so i never have to see her.....

I did my wife a favor (something I do remind her of on occasion)---I took her out of Indiana---knowing full well Mom (and Dad) would never follow----600 + miles did the trick

I have to say that my wife has remained eternally grateful
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    And now for an opposing view..

Had a great mother-in-law.. used to drive her to doctors appointments.. we became buddies..

Go figure..

And you are a lucky guy

No MIL's, no worries.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

I knew my first one, a nice lady...But I would not have wanted to know the second one who spawned Satan's child......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

But I would not have wanted to know the second one who spawned Satan's child......Ben
    ....but that isn't what you used to say Ben----you had all kinds of sweet names for her

I am the a-hole in my family
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    ....but that isn't what you used to say Ben----you had all kinds of sweet names for her
    I confess I was younger then, and a whole lot more gullible and stupid......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    I confess I was younger then, and a whole lot more gullible and stupid......Ben
    I've heard that condition explained differently---something about the little head doing the thinking for the big head

Quote Originally Posted by CactusCurt View Post
    I am the a-hole in my family
    I'm the Black Sheep, Went the blue collar route when everyone else went white collar. But then again I did stuff that blows their urban couch potato Minds. Climbed High Mountains, 5000+ scuba dives, back packing Kayaking, Fire Fighting, saving peoples lives, having some die in my arms too. Nobody gives me any pushback anymore but then again I think I scare them a bit because I'm just a tad off in their minds...LOL