Thread: $$$$$$$$$$

$$$$$$$$$$

Any guesses on how much the stock market will drop IF biden gets in ?
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

Crescent City CA. where the redwoods meet the sea.
    Bet it will be a dollar, two, niney eight.
    Old redneck hillbilly borned and raised on a redwood stump.

It will only be temporary... It always drops around an election. look at the volatility over the last couple months..

Biden being elected is already priced in. In fact, the sectors who are likely to be winners/losers under a Biden presidency have been discussed for a year or more. This wasn't a surprise.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Voter View Post
    I'll guess 300 points on the news and back up 1200 points before the swearing in.... you going to track it?

The market does not like surprises but the election does not sway it much..

Gas was down 10 cents this morning if that counts.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

I used to think that was good......I'm evolving away from that way of thinking.

don"

Quote Originally Posted by CactusCurt View Post
    I used to think that was good......I'm evolving away from that way of thinking.
    Too much of a good thing---in either direction, is never a good thing.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Petro supply/demand was always sorta a leading indicator. Any more it seems like an indicator of consumer spending as well. I have serious concerns that the consumer is in far worse shape than last reported. Now that the election is close to over, maybe we can turn our attention back to other critical matters.

Or at least we can hope.

don"

Quote Originally Posted by CactusCurt View Post
    Petro supply/demand was always sorta a leading indicator. Any more it seems like an indicator of consumer spending as well. I have serious concerns that the consumer is in far worse shape than last reported. Now that the election is close to over, maybe we can turn our attention back to other critical matters.

Or at least we can hope.
    I think the reduction is gasoline consumption may be primarily driven by COVID-19 and reduction in driving.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Voter View Post

Below is the Futures Market from today's WSJ---that is extreme

May this put a smile on your face IV
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	26 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	37727  

This is extracted from an article in this morning's WSJ:

By David Hodari
    Updated Nov. 12, 2020 5:03 am ET

Global oil markets may have rallied on the latest positive vaccine trial results, but they are unlikely to feel any significant economic benefits until well into next year, the International Energy Agency said Thursday.

In its monthly report, the IEA darkened its outlook for crude consumption in the months ahead, citing resurgent Covid-19 infection rates in the U.S. and Europe. It now expects demand for 2020 to fall by 8.8 million barrels a day this year—400,000 barrels a day more than its last forecast. That is more severe than OPEC’s forecast cut Wednesday.

The agency also slashed its demand forecasts for the third and fourth quarters of 2020 as well as the first quarter of 2021, all while estimating a supply increase of more than a million barrels a day in November. Libyan supply is rebounding from its monthslong export blockade and U.S. production is recovering after hurricane-induced shut-ins in October. U.S. production was down 7% from its average 2019 level last month.

After a mild start to the winter season in the Northern Hemisphere, when people begin to turn on their heating, new lockdowns across Europe and rising infection rates in the U.S. prompted the Paris-based organization to cut its fourth-quarter demand estimate by 1.2 million barrels a day. A Covid-19 vaccination won’t significantly affect global demand in the first half of 2021, the IEA said.

Oil prices swung between gains and losses Thursday, after giving up modest early gains following the IEA report’s publication. Brent crude, the global benchmark, was down 0.5% at $43.60 a barrel and U.S. crude futures were 0.5% lower at $41.26 a barrel. Both benchmarks were up more than 10% so far this week, although they pared sharp intraday gains before Wednesday’s close.

The IEA’s report highlighted the stark disparity between the impact of the coronavirus in richer countries and in their poorer counterparts.