Thread: Investor's and the Market

Investor's and the Market

My CFP told me that their guidance is that the Senate outcome is more important that than the Presidency. Anybody getting the same advice?
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I have to agree. Without the Senate, the House is impotent, as is the President to a slightly lesser degree.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Just spoke to our broker.. all that he would say is that the market doesn’t like surprises..

The issue is the huge amount of debt that the next administration and next Congress inherits.. (whom ever they will be)

This from this morning's WSJ and Charles Schwab:

The Covid-19 pandemic has prompted some independent financial advisers to ratchet down their own growth expectations for this year, but a majority of these advisers remain optimistic about the industry’s long-term prospects. Those are among the takeaways from Charles Schwab’s latest Independent Advisor Outlook Study.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis