Thread: Just sayin

Just sayin

Dear DAVID C GRUBB,
    Your ballot has been received by MONTGOMERY County on 10/27/2020.
    Your ballot status has been updated to reflect your official ballot has been received.

Please note: You are no longer permitted to vote at your polling place location now that you have returned your ballot.
    If you have questions about your ballot, please contact MONTGOMERY County at (610) 278-3280.
    Thank you
    Works well.
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 10-27-2020 at 01:31 PM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Some moron I think in Boston tried to burn up a ballot box. The FD was able to save some of the ballots.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Crescent City CA. where the redwoods meet the sea.
    I'm going to vote at my pooling place not knowing how to anymore, but will learn even at my age.
    Old redneck hillbilly borned and raised on a redwood stump.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Background.. I now receive spam texts on my phone.. one, sometimes two a day.. never read enough to see who is being deleted..

Received a text yesterday that started, public records indicate that you have already voted.. (I read this text) so now they want me to spread their message to my friends (not going to happen)

Anyway.. somewhere is a public record of my ballot making it from the city hall drop box into the system..

I don't know if this applies to you but there is a whole lot of information that exists in the public domain (and is required to be in the public domain) that many would consider as private.

Putting my "political" hat on for the moment---we receive routine information requests, that by law, we have to respond to---including salary information for every employee. The cost of complying adds up over time---but it is part and parcel to our form of government.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    In Virginia, a ton of information is public .. real estate records, assessment and taxes.. court records.. all public.. but.. you must figure out how to find them.. ie: court records, must search county by county..

Funny court story,, a friend was bragging about beating a running a red light charge, being found not guilty.. well.. almost no one is found not guilty to a traffic offense here, the charges are dropped is what happens..
    So, I can’t believe that he is not guilty (have never seen a not guilty).. so I look it up, I know the county.. well.. he was not guilty, who knew.. but, above his not guilty was his son being charged with possession of marijuana.. oops, he didn’t want me to stumble upon that!...