Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
Here's pics of the Model 29-3...This one was made as a run of 25 identical guns for Ron Shirk Shooter's Supply in 1988, this one being #7 of that run...Since Shirk is a native of Lebanon Pennsylvania, Dave may know the story of his checkered past...But all these guns were built with 6" barrels, checkered walnut stocks, red ramp front/white outline rear sights, wide target hammer and target trigger and unfluted cylinder...This one is absolutely new and unfired in the box...There are no roll marks on the cylinder...

What makes it special is that this one was returned to S&W by its owner in 1997 where they replaced the 6" barrel with a 5" having a full underlug...The sights were replaced with black target sights and the grips were replaced with Goncalo Alves fingergroove grips...I can testify that these grips were fitted tight and mated perfectly because I almost didn't get them off today to verify all the numbers matched...All these changes having been done at S&W makes this #1 of one, a unique piece...

How do I know all this is true?...Because besides looking up the special run of 25 on the internet at several sources, I also have the letter typed on the S&W factory letterhead stating its full history including date of manufacture, and the date of reconfiguration at the factory...The letter is dated in 2017, and both pages are stamped with the raised embossed seal of the S&W Historical Foundation, and both are signed in ink over the seal by Roy Jinks, S&W Historian...Such letters are available for any S&W revolver for pre-payment of $100...I can't prove it's unfired of course since proving a negative is impossible, but there isn't a mark on it anywhere to indicate it was ever shot...

It may never increase in value, but as long as I own it I can guarantee it will never go down......Ben
Mine is very similar to that but it has gold etchings. I will pull it out of the safe, I have not seen it in many years.