Thread: Adios Summer !!

Adios Summer !!

About time... Looking forward to the 70's in a few days... Only problem is I've been saying "I'll get to that when it cools off" for 4 months.. I have a long Honey Do list to accomplish over the next couple months

Good for you!!
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    The leaves are falling.. tons of leaves..

Need to wash and wax the camper before serious bad weather..

The list never ends..

Help me out here Bo----you now have 4 months to accomplish what you could not do for 8 months because of the heat----I'm struggling here with a 2 to 1 ratio

You can consider that as rhetorical, since you will be moving to the "big house" in a few months
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Other way around... 4 months of heat followed by 8 months of perfect weather. A much better ratio.

Worst part about this summer is the fact that we broke EVERY record ever set.... Most days over 110, Most days over 100 (145 I think), Most days where the low never dropped below 100*,least amount of rain (less than an inch) etc...

Finally it's dropping to a normal rate. So much for any rain though as it wasn't much this summer.

La Nina will not be much of a help either.
    La Niña conditions typically last nine to 12 months but can go on longer. While La Niña generally means drier weather in the Desert Southwest, the conditions can lead to more active hurricane seasons in the Atlantic.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Other way around... 4 months of heat followed by 8 months of perfect weather. A much better ratio.
    I'm think I have been infected with "new" math from living in a battle ground state and being barraged by an endless stream of opportunistic math and twisted figures
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis