Thread: A note to my friends

A note to my friends

The upper decks have become not only ridged, they are approaching toxic and I have no interest in continuing as part of that. Possibly, after the election is past, things will return to a more healthy level of discussion.

Until then---I'll be hanging out down here---so move over Ben
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    ---so move over Ben
    If you're gonna sit here, Dave, at least leave the mustard and onion sandwiches wrapped until lunchtime......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Could I get mine with Mayo?
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Could I get mine with Mayo?
    Maybe Joe will share his jar with us...He keeps plenty on hand in case someone offers to share their MacDonalds fries with him......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

That would be very nice of him

Do hope you comment once in a while. Thinking it's going to be weeks before we get a handle on who won.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    Do hope you comment once in a while. Thinking it's going to be weeks before we get a handle on who won.
    And a very painful couple weeks until this is over I am sure.

Yeah I bite my tongue and hold my nose when on the upper deck. No real pont in venturing then except when I have to.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Back from a week at the beach.. a COVID ruled week.. did carry out four times, ate in camper the rest..

I’m also below decks ..

‘Nuff said for now...

BTW.. just back from four daze in North Carolina.. seems that every elected office in the state is on the November ballot.. none of the candidates tv ads told of what they would do, rather they told of what a “scum puppy” their opponents were.. some were very cleaver and amusing but the depths that our political system has spiraled down to is heartbreaking..

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Back from a week at the beach.. a COVID ruled week.. did carry out four times, ate in camper the rest..

I’m also below decks ..

‘Nuff said for now...

BTW.. just back from four daze in North Carolina.. seems that every elected office in the state is on the November ballot.. none of the candidates tv ads told of what they would do, rather they told of what a “scum puppy” their opponents were.. some were very cleaver and amusing but the depths that our political system has spiraled down to is heartbreaking..
    That's because they don't have a plan or a clue. they are all "post turtles"
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

The upper decks have become not only ridged, they are approaching toxic and I have no interest in continuing as part of that. Possibly, after the election is past, things will return to a more healthy level of discussion.

Until then---I'll be hanging out down here---so move over Ben
    Fake News..........................
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.