Thread: We---as in the BIG we are not doing well

We---as in the BIG we are not doing well

From this morning's NYT:

More than one million new coronavirus cases in three days.

The world recorded the highest total ever in such short span, a reflection of resurgences in Europe and the U.S. and uninterrupted outbreaks in India, Brazil and other countries.

The number of new cases is growing faster than ever worldwide, according to a Times database.

The second wave in Europe has dimmed hopes of a rebound from the economic catastrophe delivered by the pandemic. The European Central Bank’s chief economist cautioned that the 19 countries of the eurozone might not recover until 2022.

In Britain, Prime Minister Boris Johnson has yet to shake off questions about the effects of his bout with Covid-19 on his energy and focus. His office has not offered a medical briefing since he was discharged from the hospital six months ago.
    My wife is booking a cruise this week for next fall from Bergan to Barcelona---I hope the BIG we is healed (or inoculated) by then. This clearly ranks as the greatest non-war related disruption in my lifetime.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I think Ben, you meant to post this in Dave's other post.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Hopefully it'll work out Dave.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    We had planned two things.. a long New York weekend.. see a play Friday, two Saturday, Sunday matinee then home.. (Northeast Corridor AMTRAK is great) hotel rates are lower when business travelers are not there, Friday and Saturday..

And then a trans Atlantic ship repositioning and a “Viking “ River cruise..

We were held up by a an old dog, she couldn’t be left in a kennel.. the pup passed in January (on the road,Jacksonville Florida).. and we didn’t come home to spring travel, we came home to lockdown,

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    I think Ben, you meant to post this in Dave's other post.
    You are correct, sir...I'll try to replicate it in the proper place...

Why must you always embarrass me, Tom?......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    You are correct, sir...I'll try to replicate it in the proper place...

Why must you always embarrass me, Tom?......Ben
    Cause your my buddy I got your back
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Cause your my buddy I got your back
    Your reassurance restores my self-confidence......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Nurse Paula and I are planning a trip to Maui to visit friends. They have a huge house on the hill with a guest house so we do not have to worry about staying in a hotel room.... Had it planned for Dec but have decided to push hit to next summer some time...

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Nurse Paula and I are planning a trip to Maui to visit friends. They have a huge house on the hill...
    The Pacific White House?......Ben