Thread: Pizza

Pizza

This was by far the best crust I have made

2 1/2 cups of Baking Flour 1.5 teaspoons of organic sugar, 1.5 teaspoons of Kosher sea salt. table spoon of garlic powder, teaspoon of Oregano, Basil, Rosemary, 1 tablespoon of grated Parmesan , packet of fast acting pizza yeast. Mix well dry. Add two table spoons of olive oil and add one cup of warm water initially mix on low adding water slowly to reach the desired dough consistency (not dry) coat a proofing dish with olive oil. place the dough in the proving dish baste with olive oil.

I let it proof for about 20 minutes before popping onto a well floured or cornmealed cutting board. either hand stretch or roll out to the desired size.

I have a 14 inch pizza stone so that's the size I make. I use a wood pizza peel covered with a thing layer of corn meal to make my pizza and put it on the stone. Tip as we did in the pizza restauran leave a lip of dough hanging off the front of the peel. It will stick to the pizza stone and help pull the pizza off of the peel. I preheat the oven with the stone in it to 500* and cook the pizza 12-14 minutes depending on how crispy you like your crust.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201009_164143341.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	296.6 KB 
ID:	37659Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201009_164712259.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	437.4 KB 
ID:	37660Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201009_165056778.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	320.8 KB 
ID:	37661
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

If we could just get you to deliver......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I have never tried Pizza. We have an over abundance of good Italian Pizzerias close by and I allow my wife to occasionally make dinner---which she happily does by calling one of her "partners".

I could not hope to rival what they do with a broad selection of toppings and an 800+ degree oven to make a perfectly crisp crust---I have to say, my wife has it down pat
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Since moving to the country there is only one pizza place that delivers. It comes from a little town about 8 miles away. Frozen pizza, as bad as it is, is much better than what I can order from them.

The closest thing to pizza is about 30 minutes away. So, if I actually make a trip to our nearest metropolis, I will pick up a couple of pizzas and bring them home. I need to get one of those warmer bags the delivery guys use.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

We don't have any that deliver but I just did a quick tally of the options for us within 4 miles and came to seven, the two closest about 1.5 miles---and only one of which is a chain. I have no clue how we became such a "hot spot" for pizza. I also find it interesting that a chain would try to "integrate" into the "family".
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Mike, see if they will sell you uncooked pizzas and freeze them.

The only time we order pizza is when returning from a road trip and don't want to cook. We get Take and Bake from a good place near mi casa. 400* for 15min followed with 5min on broil...

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Mike, see if they will sell you uncooked pizzas and freeze them.

The only time we order pizza is when returning from a road trip and don't want to cook. We get Take and Bake from a good place near mi casa. 400* for 15min followed with 5min on broil...
    One of our shops also offers "pizza kits" ---I have no idea what is included. By the prices, I suspect it is only the basics of dough, sauce and cheese.