....how do you reconcile the Governor's order that only one ballot drop can be available in each county? It seems inconstant to me, that for the people of Texas, who are adamant about civil freedoms would on one hand approve voting by mail and on the other obviously make it difficult and inconvenient at best.
I've read of one way drives as long as 50 miles, when I looked at your county maps that is an understatement---you have counties that are upward of 70 miles to the county seat where they are locating the singular boxes. I assume the voters can still mail the ballots but that is a questionable practice, for obvious reasons.

My question has nothing to do with your thoughts, good or bad, about mail in ballots---that question has already been answered. It is purely and entirely focused on the process, which seems to frustrate the approved option.

As an observation, in doing further reading on this, I see a photo of a Houston drop off and the voters are handing their ballots to workers at the drop off. That is an absolute no no in PA. The voter has to personally put their ballot into the drop box---and only their ballot. My wife will have to go with me to drop off her ballot or make another trip.