Thread: The smirk...

The smirk...

I was talked into watching the so-called debate last night, and I lasted about ten minutes...The close-ups of the smirk on Harris' face every time Pence opened his mouth, as if to disdain any words that came out of it turned my stomach...I went back to watching a DVD of Midway...Much better entertainment...I did note that the first question for Harris was for her to outline the Biden/Harris administration's plan against the pandemic if they get to wear the big hats in January...She dodged the question, choosing instead to tell how nothing Trump has done in four years has benefitted the country in anyway...Did anyone ever call her out on the deflection?......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I passed completely expecting a game of dodge ball.....

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    X2.....

trump might have watched---afterward he called Harris a monster and a communist on Fox---I hope he cleared that comment with his buddy Putin---no need to piss off his hero now
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 10-08-2020 at 10:37 AM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    X2.....

trump might have watched---afterward he called Harris a monster and a communist on Fox---I hope he cleared that comment with his buddy Putin---no need to piss off his hero now
    Still believing the Russian Collusion Killary sold ya?
    "Illegal Immigrant" is not a race....

‎"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion . . . Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." ~John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    Still believing the Russian Collusion Killary sold ya?
    Never did buy in on that but that does not mean trump doesn't have some strange fraternal attraction to Putin.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Never did buy in on that but that does not mean trump doesn't have some strange fraternal attraction to Putin.
    Not buying it either until the guy rides a horse with no shirt. Not sure there's enough orange paint to cover that either.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Which, I guess, is why Trump laid all those sanctions on Russia.....

‎"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion . . . Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." ~John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Did not watch it, either. Judging from the replays today, Harris got her butt kicked.

I didn't watch, either.

If our small group is any example, the ratings must have tanked.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by mml373 View Post
    Did not watch it, either. Judging from the replays today, Harris got her butt kicked.
    Basically, we saw a televised murder on tv.... Pence destroyed her. And it's funny that this thread it titled "the smirk", because that is the exact verbage I am hearing everywhere, people saying she had a smirk and condescension.

I find it hillarous that two of our members can say that they didn't buy into the whole Russian thing. I don't recall either EVER raising a single objection.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by CactusCurt View Post
    I find it hillarous that two of our members can say that they didn't buy into the whole Russian thing. I don't recall either EVER raising a single objection.
    Well---I imagine you are talking about me----and you are flat ass wrong---and no I am not about to waste my time doing a search to prove that----so have at it pal.

So if you don't believe the Russian collusion bs Clinton sold and obama knew about, and we now know they, along with Comey, Clapper and others, used this false narrative to try to topple a legitimately elected US President, you must support their arrests and trials, right?