Thread: RIP Eddie Van Halen

RIP Eddie Van Halen

One of the greatest rock guitarist of all time. A true original.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I don't suppose this would be a good time to admit I never heard of him...R.I.P. whoever he was......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

He was a rock and roll guitar virtuoso one of the bestest ever played the 6 string sorry you missed him probably a little bit pass your time
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

He was my age. He was good but not my style of music
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Yea he could play. wasn't he married to Valeria Bertinelli for a while? Loved his guitar! RIP dude!
    This is your mind on drugs!

He was a genuine Rock Star. The lifestyle killed him. Couldn't read music. By most accounts, a perfectionist workaholic. Yes, married the moviestar.

One of the few big bands I never saw live. I regret it.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by CactusCurt View Post
    He was a genuine Rock Star. The lifestyle killed him. Couldn't read music. By most accounts, a perfectionist workaholic. Yes, married the moviestar.

One of the few big bands I never saw live. I regret it.
    He had throat cancer. Probably didn't have much to do with the rock and roll lifestyle.
    "Illegal Immigrant" is not a race....

‎"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion . . . Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." ~John Adams

Watch a few youtube vids. In the words of ozzy..."smoking and drinking is all that you do.......". To his credit, it appears his only drug addiction was to cocaine. Apparently he didn't care for underachieving potheads.

While not a dr, smoking and drinking constantly could have something to do with it. He admitted as much in interviews years before he died. He and everyone around him claimed it was the lifestyle - who am I to argue?
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by mgrist View Post
    wasn't he married to Valeria Bertinelli for a while?
    Now her I remember......

I wasn't really trying to be facetious, I just didn't pay much attention to rock music after the Rolling Stones started their trip down acid lane...It seems a lot of talent went down the drain that way...Maybe his was one of them......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Not a fan of the band but he was a great talent.. The word I heard was that he developed throat cancer due to the fact he always had a metal Guitar Pick in his mouth.

And Michael Douglas got throat cancer from going down on Catherine Zeta-Jones. There's all kinds of reasons people get throat cancer, acid indigestion being a major risk factor. Maybe he got it from smoking, maybe from Valerie Bertinelli, maybe from his metal guitar picks, or maybe, he like many others, was just unlucky.
    "Illegal Immigrant" is not a race....

‎"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion . . . Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." ~John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    I don't suppose this would be a good time to admit I never heard of him...R.I.P. whoever he was......Ben
    Ben and I agree. Heard of him just not my style of music. May he RIP.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'