Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: On my Cajun journey

Quote Originally Posted by wacojoe View Post
    ....... I found it forgettable.
    I have to remember that---what an eloquent way of expressing your less than enthusiastic feelings

I ate, over the years, some things out of respect for my hosts, that I would have preferred to pass by but I always found trying to act in a positive way more of a challenge than actually consuming the "stuff".

China was the worst for having to eat less than agreeable food and smile while doing it. I took one young protégé with me on a China trip and had coached him extensively on customs and proper manners. He failed terribly and when we spoke about it he told me if eating everything put in front of him and appearing to enjoy it and be grateful for it was a prerequisite of growing into my position---he wasn't interested.
    Two of the most commonly encountered was stinky tofu and hundred year old eggs.

Japan wasn't that far behind. I had a difficult time with the fish sperm
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 10-08-2020 at 11:01 AM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis