My favorite Rolex story is one I may have written here before, but at the risk of repetition, I’ll repeat anyway.

I was playing golf with my buddy one nice fall day, and he was wearing a gold Rolex. He took it off and put it in his bag on the golf cart we were riding...or at least he thought he did. I’m betting he placed it on the roof or elsewhere as we were gearing up. We played 18 holes and drove to our cars to unload. When he searched for his watch, it was nowhere to be found. Uh-oh, what were the chances we could find the watch or that someone would turn it in? Fortunately, the course was very sparsely played that day. So, we took the cart back to the first hole and started going where we remembered being before. The search would be complicated because there were fall leaves blown all over the fairways and course.

The short version is that we nearly ran over the watch sitting in the middle of the first hole completely unscathed sitting amongst the leaves. I think I remember him telling me, that he had paid something like $18k for the watch.