Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: An unexpected surprise

I've never had a watch that cost over 2 or 3 hundred dollars. Back when I could afford it I thought about the $20 Casios that keep perfect time and the opportunities I would have to wear an expensive watch and said forget it. I had a Fossil and a Bulova and some other nice watch given as a gift so i was good.
    This is your mind on drugs!

As was our custom, I got a fancy Swiss watch as a parting gift after my 25 years in the trenches. I requested a semi-custom rifle, a far more practical gift for me. I haven't worn a watch a single time since I retired almost 5 years ago.

When I was a real person, I wore my dads old Bulova to our office in the Bulova building in Queens (?). My dad probably never knew where his watch came from.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

I said goodbye to my Omega Speedy a few minutes ago......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

May any sellers remorse be short lived
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    May any sellers remorse be short lived
    My guilt will be assuaged by the large cash infusion to my bankroll plus the new guns added to my collection...At the request of its new owner, I wrote a new article for my blog telling of the watch's history so he can tell his son when it's passed down to him......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Very cool
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis