Thread: not bad for a first go round

not bad for a first go round

this is not something I have ever made but we were at Costco and they had brined brisket with a spice packet for Corned beef for $7.00 out the door. So why not

Looked at a couple of variations online then came up with my own tweaks

Slow cooked in a crock pot with the provided spices, some of my own spices and for broth I used Sam Adams Octoberfest Beer. Got it going and went to work for the day. Simmered the cabbage, carrots and potato's in the broth from slow cooking the Corned Beef. Buttered the vegetables and served.

Tasty. Now I have some other stuff in mind for Brisket.....yum

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	119984763_3894466333903681_4383793457973177824_o.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	366.5 KB 
ID:	37622
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Looks good

While that is considered Irish, it is only Irish in this country--it doesn't exist in Ireland. The root of corned beef and cabbage is bacon and cabbage---with parsley sauce.

There is a place in NJ that sells Irish bacon by mail order. I commonly make parsley sauce for use on many different dishes--it pairs well with a broad scope of partners.

With that said---I still very much enjoy corned beef and cabbage
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Big fan of corned beef and cabbage.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I like corned beef a lot, but not a fan of the cabbage. For the first time, I smoked the last corned beef I bought. Damn good!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke