Thread: Hurricane Sandy

Hurricane Sandy

Well this one is going to have me get a crew to board up the place on the Gulf. Too close for comfort this time. They should have it done by this afternoon. 2000.00 well spent I hope
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

This is how it looks now and it is not even close yet.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=25...XLGkHfom884Aes
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Maybe it's just me but I can't see the advantage to building a high-dollar house over incoming ocean waves......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Mine is about 35 miles east of those I showed. It is not built on stilts. I am worried about wind and electricity. Water should not be a problem unless it is a strong 3 or more.

That's two Sandy's in the last few years. And in this day and age, how 'bout some ethnic names?

Anyway, good luck. Seems about all you can do is sit and watch when a destructive weather event strikes.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

I just noticed in the news a hurricane "Sally". That may be who we are talking about.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

This one is going to be a flood machine. Many roads already impassable. Wind is not an issue.

Waiting to hear. I was pretty much in the bullseye. No need to try and go down there, they won't let you in.

Wishing you the best.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Well no water in the unit. Some light poles blown down and the pool is full of sand. Looking for a pretty hefty assessment when it is all said and done. Got the boards taken down today and a full inspection. Does not appear I will have any insurance claims which is a good thing. The beach is completely gone, but by next summer it will be nice again.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    This one is going to be a flood machine.
    I think that's one of the most descriptive labels for this storm yet.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead