Thread: I'm Melting

I'm Melting

or how the heck did I end up in Phoenix?

17:30 today in Livermore

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200906_172823673_2.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	521.7 KB 
ID:	37591
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

But it's a dry heat.
    This is your mind on drugs!

Winter here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0529.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	384.1 KB 
ID:	37592  

"Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Phoenix has been a living hell I think I read that it's been over like 115 for 52 days in a row
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Hottest summer EVER on record. Cool down coming, I hope it sticks around and we don't spike back up above 110 again. We had an extremely wet winter followed by and extremely dry monsoon (nonsoons) season...

Bring on Fall I'm tiered of being cooped up inside hiding from the heat. The worst part is the fact that it has not cooled off at night. Get up at 5 am to do chores or a scoot on the dirt bike and it's already over 100*... Pool water is too warm as well... I've been adding more water to the pool this year than ever due to evaporation.

Right now it is 83 F, 49% RH with a 3 mph breeze out of the west. Today is three in a row like this. My wife and I took the Corvette to dinner Friday evening with the windows down and no AC and ate alfresco, it was a gorgeous evening.

Unknown to us ahead of time, it was a cruise night and we were sitting right in the middle of it---conversation was a touch spotty

We met our son there who was driving his Mustang with the top down----he joined the parade after dinner---we went home to bed (in a sense of full disclosure---my wife protested not joining in)

Least I sound too snooty---this is the best weather we have had all summer----and it is a welcome relief from the heat and humidity we have been having---I might be competitive but setting heat records isn't in my scope
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

11:30 and its already over 100 in the shade
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

It's a seriously dry heat.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200907-150557.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	144.1 KB 
ID:	37595