Thread: Just upgraded

Just upgraded

Upgraded from a 6 year old 500gb HDD to a 480 gb SSD and from 6 mb of Ram to 16 gb of Ram......................smoking. Boot time went from 3 minutes to 4 seconds. Pages loading as fast as I hit the button.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Technology is an amazing thing......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I bought a new laptop a couple months ago. My kids picked it out for me. They say its good. It comes on in seconds also. It has 1 tb hard drive so I can put all my critter pics in one place. I would like my next camera to be in the 50 mp range, so need some memory.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

The huge increases in memory/storage, with reasonable prices have really paid off. As Curt mentioned, the increases in speed are appreciated as well.

Hutner
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

The solid state drives are light years ahead of the old HDD technology and it is affordable.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I remember when the Pentium was the hot commodity in computers. And, I thought I was cool (I wasn't) when my department gave me a Pentium laptop. My boss gave me a $1 million grant request to write - due back to him in 24 hours. Made it through with the Pentium and lots of coffee. Got the grant, got promoted.

Sometimes, these things work out. Sometimes, we burn.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead