Thread: Like this is news

Like this is news

trump's sister speaks out:

WASHINGTON — Maryanne Trump Barry, President Trump’s older sister and a former federal judge, described him as a liar who has “no principles” in a series of audio recordings made by her niece, Mary L. Trump, in 2018 and 2019.

The recordings were provided to The Washington Post, which published them online Saturday night. In the recording, Ms. Barry can be heard disparaging her brother’s performance as president.

“His goddamned tweet and the lying, oh, my God,” she says in one of the recordings posted by the newspaper. “I’m talking too freely, but you know. The change of stories. The lack of preparation. The lying.”
    Go right ahead boys---rant on about the Washington Post
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Hey.. that’s the local paper ‘round here..

Local TV news has this on right now.. the Trump campaign calls it “sibling rivalry “..

Sometimes I feel like I fell down a rabbit Hole.. just can’t make this stuff (current events) up..

On edit: in today’s Washington Post print edition, front page below the fold..

On news this morning, learned that Trump sister did not know that she was being recorded.. sounds like it was “family talk and not intended for outsiders (us).. although technically legal under NY law.. it wasn’t “the right thing” to do..
    Last edited by Sandman; 08-23-2020 at 10:46 AM.

Crescent City CA. where the redwoods meet the sea.
    Never Trumper vs us in the mix, maybe settled Nov 3th or maybe like Bush vs Gore and settle it later.
    Old redneck hillbilly borned and raised on a redwood stump.

I'm crushed I can't believe our politicians are lying to us. That only means something if it's trump though right? Rant on about the washington post we'd be better served to rant on your inability to quote anyone except them and the NYT when speaking of Trump, for the most part anyway. I'll be glad when the election is over so we get around your bigoted blather.
    Last edited by mgrist; 08-25-2020 at 07:23 PM.
    This is your mind on drugs!