Thread: Over 80,000 mail-in ballots disqualified

Over 80,000 mail-in ballots disqualified

Here is reason enough to be concerned about mail-in voting:

The mail-in ballots of more than 84,000 New York City Democrats who sought to vote in the presidential primary were disqualified, according to new figures released by the Board of Elections.

The city BOE received 403,103 mail-in ballots for the June 23 Democratic presidential primary.

But the certified results released Wednesday revealed that only 318,995 mail-in ballots were counted.

That means 84,108 ballots were not counted or invalidated — 21 percent of the total.
    SOURCE
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Crescent City CA. where the redwoods meet the sea.
    Hope to go vote in the poling place like I have for all my life and probably the last time.
    Old redneck hillbilly borned and raised on a redwood stump.

There is not a chance I will do that Billy. I will not expose myself to the Covid virus in person, so I plan to vote by mail. I just hope it works better in Texas than in New York. Most other things do, so I am not too worried.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

"The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

There is no question this was a major screw up---this even beats Florida's highly developed inability to manage an election.

Just for the record, I'm not certain how often my absentee ballot is recorded. I believe (as opposed to certain) that the county only counts absentee ballots if there are enough total absentee ballots to alter the results of the "in-place" votes. To clarify: two candidates are 100 votes apart and there are 99 absentee ballots, they will not be counted. However, if there are 100 or more they will be counted.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

It's bad news that there is so much cheating, but it's good news there is a functioning system to catch it, right?
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    There is no question this was a major screw up---this even beats Florida's highly developed inability to manage an election.

Just for the record, I'm not certain how often my absentee ballot is recorded. I believe (as opposed to certain) that the county only counts absentee ballots if there are enough total absentee ballots to alter the results of the "in-place" votes. To clarify: two candidates are 100 votes apart and there are 99 absentee ballots, they will not be counted. However, if there are 100 or more they will be counted.
    Last night we had friends over for dinner (while following proper guide lines) and one of them had been a poll worker. I found out that I was incorrect in my statement. The absentee ballots are sent to the appropriate polling place and they are all opened and tabulated before the results are posted.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by CactusCurt View Post
    It's bad news that there is so much cheating, but it's good news there is a functioning system to catch it, right?
    Right!
    This is your mind on drugs!

Going to the polls or bringing your mail-in ballot to a ‘drop box,.........will be the best way to protect your vote.
    I took my ballot to a drop box for the primary and have every intent to do that again in the general election. With the games being played by the PO, I would suggest everyone exercise this option.