Thread: Space X

Space X

Looks like they are about headed home. Seems they will be splashing down off the coast of Panama City Florida. I don't recall a splash down in the Gulf before.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

May it go well for them.

We need their advancements to succeed as it will enhance our country's goals in space. And, we don't have to rely upon the Russians as much. Frankly, I don't trust Putin and his crew.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

They are going to depart the space station this evening in preparation for a return home tomorrow. God speed gentlemen

Watching it live now.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Dragon just departed from the space station.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Dragon just departed from the space station.
    Looking for Splashdown tomorrow somewhere between Pensacola and Panama City Florida. Does anybody ever remember a splash down in the Gulf of Mexico.
    I mean I know why they're going there because of the hurricane or tropical storm whatever it is but I've just never known it to happen. I tell you what the Technologies they are using in this flight they are making it look easy. Hope I don't jinx it.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I've never heard of a landing in the gulf, but I suppose any large body of water would work.

If the weather conditions remain favorable, it will splash down in the Gulf of Mexico off Pensacola, Fla., at 2:48 p.m. on Sunday, NASA announced.

A safe return would open up more trips to and from orbit for future astronaut crews, and possibly space tourists, aboard the spacecraft.

Isaias is forecast to sweep up along the Atlantic coast of Florida over the weekend. NASA and SpaceX have seven splashdown sites in the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic, but the track of the storm ruled out the three in the Atlantic.
    Why does Isaias affect the departure?
    The storm complicated where splashdown could take place. At the splashdown site, winds must be less than 10 miles per hour for the capsule to land safely. There are additional constraints on waves, rain and lightning. In addition, helicopters that take part in the recovery of the capsule must be able to fly and land safely.

The first landing opportunity will aim for only the primary site, Pensacola. If weather there is inconsistent with the rules, the capsule and the astronauts will remain in orbit for another day or two, and managers will consider the backup site, which is Panama City.
    I pray for a perfect and safe landing and recovery
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Getting close to re-entry

Final burn complete and locking down the capsule.

I wish they had a mock up so we could see what they are talking about.

Yeah I was wondering why they are not letting us see inside the capsule.

17 minutes to splashdown and counting down.

Out of re entry about to splash.