Thread: Congratulations on landing Tesla, Texas

Congratulations on landing Tesla, Texas

Tesla picks Texas site for second US vehicle assembly plant - https://www.wtnh.com/news/tesla-pick...ssembly-plant/

"Electric car maker Tesla Inc. has picked the Austin, Texas, area as the site for its largest auto assembly plant employing at least 5,000 workers.

The new factory will build Tesla’s upcoming Cybertruck pickup and will be a second U.S. manufacturing site for the Model Y small SUV, largely for distribution to the East Coast."

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

"Tesla can’t legally sell its vehicles in Texas. A state law requires cars to be sold through franchised dealers, not company stores like Tesla operates."

I'm betting that has already changed as part of the agreement to locate the plant in Austin.

Tesla recently opened a HUGE store in the Scottsdale Airpark. They sell very well around here. All of the upscale entertainment districts / shop and dinning areas have dedicated Tesla parking with charging stations.

Crescent City CA. where the redwoods meet the sea.
    They sell we buy, sell were they want, we buy where we want.
    Old redneck hillbilly borned and raised on a redwood stump.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    "Tesla can’t legally sell its vehicles in Texas. A state law requires cars to be sold through franchised dealers, not company stores like Tesla operates."

I'm betting that has already changed as part of the agreement to locate the plant in Austin.
    That would require legislation by the Texas Legislature. Since they only meet every two years and they are not currently in session, that will have to wait until the next session in January of 2021. I doubt it will happen then, either. The automobile industry in Texas will lobby heavily against a change.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    The automobile industry in Texas will lobby heavily against a change.
    If they can't stand the heat, they shouldn't be doing business in the kitchen......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Money talks. They have it and the legislators want it.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I am of the same mind as Bo---somehow that change is already baked into the deal.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I don't think Tesla competes with many of the other brands.